New Everton Stadium

You’re taking about 50 years ago mate. It’s only a few years ago that half our fanbase voted yes to a cow shed in Kirby.

Making a statement with the new stadium, doesn’t mean it has to be huge. The design of the stadium can make it iconic and it’s what goes on inside the stadium that will make others take notice.

One thing that is important to mention about our fanbase that the media and even some of our own fans don't acknowledge is:
  • Before several moves/expansions for the Sky 6, Everton were 1 of only 5 clubs to average over 50,000 in a single season. The only others were Man United, Arsenal, Spurs and Newcastle.
  • Post-War, Everton have had the 5th highest average attendance. Behind Man United, Liverpool, Arsenal and Newcastle. Newcastle have had the benefit of a 52K seater stadium for 15+ years now whilst ourselves and the likes of Spurs and Chelsea have been restricted.
  • Everton have the 4th highest record attendance in England
  • Everton regularly sell out 17-19 full away allocations every season, despite not winning a trophy since 1995, and having never competed in the (current) Champions League. All of the SKY 6 have won trophies since then, and have competed in the CL. The only 2 other clubs who can even compete with our away following in similar or worse circumstances are Leeds and Newcastle, both of which have competed in the CL.
It cannot be questioned that Everton FC have one of the biggest matchgoing fanbases in the Country and the facts prove it. We wouldn't even be having a debate about 60K being too big for us if our club had achieved any sort of success in recent years.

Does it? Let's see it get through all the other stages outside of Joe Anderson and his cabal of nodding dogs before counting that £280M in the bag.

Dave you will and the rest of us will see IDC, that it will be sorted.

All the stuff you come out with is specualation, because you like the rest of us know sod all of what is happening behind those doors.

Whats peoples opinions with the facade of the building? Metal or brickwork? Looking at the warehouses around the waterfront they still look incredible! Timeless. Would love a brickwork shell to blend in with the rest of the docks. Less chance in losing the WHS thingy too i'd guess.

I don't necessarily disagree with any of those statements, but that is for now. If the TV money drops then we will be reliant on what the stadium can generate. Also we more than any other club (PL at least) try to price to encourage and keep the younger (and less affluent) going to the game. Let's give them a stadium where that can happen instead of trying to squeeze every last drop out of it if we had something we could easily fill.

I agree mate. But I feel that the main difference between our stadium now and modern stadiums (in terms of generating money) is corporate facilities.

Everton will always struggle to generate Matchday income matching the London clubs, United and Liverpool because our fanbase is mainly working class local people. The club can’t afford to put prices up too much because the fans can’t afford to pay it. Therefore an extra 5,000 or so on the capacity won’t necessarily make too much difference

I am thinking big and will be stating 61878. It's a great number. I should be able to but couldn't quote you Goodison's exact capacity now (just over 40,000 if my memory is right) but I would be able to forever if this happens. We have been more successful than Spurs so should be matching them with our stadium capacity. We also need to let the other money clubs know that we mean business and be ambitious. If we are amongst the top 6 in the next 5 years with an innovative ticket pricing structure, we will fill it.

Of course we would, providing complete apathy doesn't set in with no hope in the next season or 2. But assuming we survive this season and then start to make progress in the years leading to moving in to the stadium, even if we were only a top 10 side we would still get over 50K.

There is always an increase of interest when moving Stadium, especially when the Stadium is a massive improvement. If Sunderland, Man City and West Ham managed to have a big increase 10-20k, who all have/had smaller fanbases at the time of their move and weren't challenging even for the top 6, why couldn't we?

Admire your positivity, but I just can't see us getting over 50k home crowds sat mid-table.

Mid-table i could see 45-48 average, challenging top 4-title then maybe 50+average.

Admire your positivity, but I just can't see us getting over 50k home crowds sat mid-table.

Mid-table i could see 45-48 average, challenging top 4-title then maybe 50+average.

Have to start some where mate, a winning team will attract support. Need to do things like bringing in families, how about a family season ticket for 4 discounted by 25%, that kind of idea.

The stadium is only the start.
Why are we looking to buy back Finch Farm if we are struggling for money.
There are plans afoot that no one except the chosen few.
Even Arsenal fans realise that Usmanov is getting out of Arsenal.
Kronke won’t sell no matter what.
He wants the club in his total control and incorporated in America
It’s a cash cow and a great asset he can leverage to fund his other sporting interests.
Wether Usmanov comes openly or behind Moshiri no one knows , but there’s too much money and pride st stake for this to be Small time

The stadium is only the start.
Why are we looking to buy back Finch Farm if we are struggling for money.
There are plans afoot that no one except the chosen few.
Even Arsenal fans realise that Usmanov is getting out of Arsenal.
Kronke won’t sell no matter what.
He wants the club in his total control and incorporated in America
It’s a cash cow
and a great asset he can leverage to fund his other sporting interests.
Wether Usmanov comes openly or behind Moshiri no one knows , but there’s too much money and pride st stake for this to be Small time

1. Just like the Glazers at Man U.

2. Yes, these guys only know how to get richer.

Whats peoples opinions with the facade of the building? Metal or brickwork? Looking at the warehouses around the waterfront they still look incredible! Timeless. Would love a brickwork shell to blend in with the rest of the docks. Less chance in losing the WHS thingy too i'd guess.

I don't think it should be brick or in any way try to emulate a warehouse. I'd like it to be modern and a stand alone visual piece of art - taking note of the historical surroundings and the Mersey, but something that will become iconic and immediately recognizable on the waterfront.

Have to start some where mate, a winning team will attract support. Need to do things like bringing in families, how about a family season ticket for 4 discounted by 25%, that kind of idea.

The club go over and beyond to keep pricess low and affordable for families, I have 2 kids season tickets also.

60k new ground to start with, I just cant see us anyway near filling it, untill we challenge at the top.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back