New Everton Stadium

Have some agreement with the transfer spending being less than brilliant, to say the least.

Have zero agreement with the rest though mate.

The CWG were never a consideration. The award was nailed on to Birmingham and they were firm favourites from the beginning. Birmingham also had the support of all those movers and shakers from that there Lahndahn,people like Seb Coe, etc and there was no way the games were ever coming to Liverpool.

Regarding the CWG, my thoughts are that it was little more than a PR exercise by Mayor Joe, who seems to love the spotlight. I agree that it was always an outside chance.

I don't think it was in any way the reason behind Everton's proposed stadium move. The ball was rolling on Everton's move to the dock before JA announced the bid, but he saw an opportunity to use a proposed new stadium in the bid, and Everton were happy to facilitate the bid, probably on the assumption that there would be a financial/political benefit to them.

Pretty basic questions.

What capacity would you like.
What features would you like the stadium to have.
What shape would you like the stadium to be.
What apps would you like inside the stadium.
How many and location of Big screens.
How would you travel, what would make you use public transport.
What features would you wish to retain from Goodison Park.

But the question that made me LOL was asking if I was concerned if the City paid for the stadium.

Can you not register on the website and then possibly get a customer number? Or would you have to buy something like a ticket or membership?
I am registered and that's probably why I got the email, but I haven't bought anything there, hence I'm not a customer. All my purchases
have been merchandise through Everton Direct.

Anyway, thanks for giving me the survey. I'd probably abstain because I don't get to Everton matches very often, living in Melbourne, and
my opinion shouldn't count.

I'll be in Liverpool in June and I'll be having a look down at BMD. Hope there's something to see!

C'mon, let's get this sorted. Get the new tram up and running to the Northern Dock quarter, new train station nearby, the Stanley Moore pub kitted out with darts boards and snooker tables, Leffe and Saigon beer on tap, the 61,878 capacity mega stadium with Dortmund-esque 'wall' behind the goal and a Nandos and a Smoke's Poutinerie built into the ground, ship in a load of street food vendors from Thailand to work outside the ground, then sort a new Bang & Olufsen sound system to really blast out Z-Cars for when the players come out. Be sound that like.

C'mon, let's get this sorted. Get the new tram up and running to the Northern Dock quarter, new train station nearby, the Stanley Moore pub kitted out with darts boards and snooker tables, Leffe and Saigon beer on tap, the 61,878 capacity mega stadium with Dortmund-esque 'wall' behind the goal and a Nandos and a Smoke's Poutinerie built into the ground, ship in a load of street food vendors from Thailand to work outside the ground, then sort a new Bang & Olufsen sound system to really blast out Z-Cars for when the players come out. Be sound that like.
'Morning Sam
You sound chirpey today.

Been down there earlier , lots of workies putting a new & bigger pavement from Clarence dock up to Bramley Moore along side the Dock retaining wall.
Must be expecting some heavy foot traffic in the near future....just saying like.

..after a career in the public sector, it’s that time of year when government departments need to ensure they spend all allocated funding or lose it. Perhaps the ‘new paving fund’ has a few bob in it.

..after a career in the public sector, it’s that time of year when government departments need to ensure they spend all allocated funding or lose it. Perhaps the ‘new paving fund’ has a few bob in it.
You're right Eggs.
I would have thought that the Tarmac that they are using would be better served repairing all the bloody pot holes rather than a pavement along the Dock Wall that hardly any one uses.

The WHS status is a load of hot air. If its a choice between a) billions of pounds of investment plus regeneration or b) retaining WHS, there is only one way it's gonna go.
If WHS is stopping development - good or bad...and as Peel doesn't seem to have done jack with its option as yet. I actually think Peel cant believe their luck that Moshiri wants to build there.

WHS whats it ever done for unwanted decaying waterfronts...left them unwanted and decaying?

Please don't put away fans behind the goal. Stick 'um in a corner somewhere, same as at Goodison.
Have some agreement with the transfer spending being less than brilliant, to say the least.

Have zero agreement with the rest though mate.
I still think some lads don’t see the big picture here and the giants lurking in the shadows although to be fair Corestate have positioned themselves front and centre

These comments you keep dropping make it seem you know something is about to happen. It must be the funding as if they dropped an image of the stadium straight after the fans feedback they would look stupid.
Do you honestly believe that they will take fans considerations for the major part of the design over the experience of a firm of architects.
Let’s be honest here the consultation process is window dressing and used to put the final brushstrokes to the design

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back