New Everton Stadium

in the grand scheme of things is it financially feasible for the club to get the loan from elsewhere?
surely the interest in difference between the goverment loan fund and a bank loan cant be that much,it threatens the whole project
the kopites would then wheel the the unesco thing out,but it might be too late for them by then!

We need to have full transparency with this council deal so every council tax payer in Liverpool (who mostly don't care about football) can see the full costs (including the doomsday scenario if we get relegated/PL money vastly reduced) and the huge benefit to the city and thus them and their families. I have two young daughters and they couldn't care about football, they console me and empathise (a lot) but I know they don't care. I don't care what people here think but their future is far more important than Everton FCs stadium, if a dodgy deal risks future services then we need to know and what plans we have to prevent this.
I am concerned that we have ballsed up before and seem to have some really incompetent staff so smooth implementation is not what we do, going off Moshiri by the week since the communication for such a huge project is - as usual - appalling. The so called plans look like my youngest knocked them up in half an hour, joke.
Its pretty simple. They are using a government fund for this type of development and the fund can only be used for this type of project, you can't get it to fill pot holes.
They get the loan give us the money, we give them the money back plus interest of 7mil a year(for 25 years) plus the business rates at another 1.5 mil, so the council get 8.5 mil profit off Everton alone, then you can imagine, shops, restaurants and other business will move in to the area giving the council even more business rates. its a big win win

Will Everton get relegated? highly unlikely and even if we do, the area will be massively built up and the Council will still be earning business rates from the other buildings, so its not really that much of a risk

And this is the man asking the council questions about the loan?!

A clear Kopite. Doesn’t deserve any answers about our business.

The thought of us delivering a riverside iconic stadium haunts them.

They’ll give it the ‘we want the best for our City’ line throughout, it just poorly masks the bile though.

They HATE the idea of it actually happening, it’s not part of their ‘pat the Blues on the head’, ‘they’ll be sound in Knowsley’ ideal for what should happen to EFC.

Insincere agenda monkeys like this fella should be exposed for what they truly are, it’s what the kopites would do if the boot was on the other foot.

The thought of us delivering a riverside iconic stadium haunts them.

They’ll give it the ‘we want the best for our City’ line throughout, it just poorly masks the bile though.

They HATE the idea of it actually happening, it’s not part of their ‘pat the Blues on the head’, ‘they’ll be sound in Knowsley’ ideal for what should happen to EFC.

Insincere agenda monkeys like this fella should be exposed for what they truly are, it’s what the kopites would do if the boot was on the other foot.
The rs B in L, has just txt me hes booked his hotel in Kiev...they cant help it.

The rs B in L, has just txt me hes booked his hotel in Kiev...they cant help it.

I just wish they dont get Roma . Let them get MAdrid or the Bavarians , and i cant wait to see them kicked out . Also i wish they keep resting players in EPL and end up finishing fourth ..or maybe fifth ( damn you chelsea ) . Boy m so jealous isnt it :D :D . But honestly , anything but Roma for them .. But a part of me is afraid those lucky ******* will get AS Roma :rant:

I just wish they dont get Roma . Let them get MAdrid or the Bavarians , and i cant wait to see them kicked out . Also i wish they keep resting players in EPL and end up finishing fourth ..or maybe fifth ( damn you chelsea ) . Boy m so jealous isnt it :D :D . But honestly , anything but Roma for them .. But a part of me is afraid those lucky ******* will get AS Roma :rant:
Roma is guaranteed mate, then Ronaldo will pull his hammy in the week of the final. Accept it now, it’ll sting less when it happens.

Most likely he's ordered a chicken kiev in a premier inn.

But let's not mock, he's spent all day trying to count to 6 but keeps losing count when he changes hand to find some additional fingers.

AS Roma probably want Liverpool anyway,

No matter how many times it’s said that it won’t be coming from Liverpool taxpayers funding, they will still harp on about us getting a free stadium whilst Queens drive has more potholes than Bob Marley’s Lacoste tracksuit.

We need to have full transparency with this council deal so every council tax payer in Liverpool (who mostly don't care about football) can see the full costs (including the doomsday scenario if we get relegated/PL money vastly reduced) and the huge benefit to the city and thus them and their families. I have two young daughters and they couldn't care about football, they console me and empathise (a lot) but I know they don't care. I don't care what people here think but their future is far more important than Everton FCs stadium, if a dodgy deal risks future services then we need to know and what plans we have to prevent this.
I am concerned that we have ballsed up before and seem to have some really incompetent staff so smooth implementation is not what we do, going off Moshiri by the week since the communication for such a huge project is - as usual - appalling. The so called plans look like my youngest knocked them up in half an hour, joke.
I don't live in the UK and only now and then look at UK news.But what I have seen of late is local councils complaining about lack of funding from central goverment forcing them to cut vital services and the rate rise cap that's in place.Given this how do LCC propose to get away with making a substantial loan to a football club to build a stadium,when said club have a billionaire owner who could finance the stadium himself?

I don't live in the UK and only now and then look at UK news.But what I have seen of late is local councils complaining about lack of funding from central goverment forcing them to cut vital services and the rate rise cap that's in place.Given this how do LCC propose to get away with making a substantial loan to a football club to build a stadium,when said club have a billionaire owner who could finance the stadium himself?
The council are not lending Everton the money out of their own funds.
The are borrowing the money from a central government fund and lending the money to Everton.
Will will pay back the capital , the interest and 7 m a year to LCC as the price for LCC facilitating the loan

This is exactly what the RS are failing to grasp! This deal EARNS the local council a guaranteed profit! It costs them nothing.
It is a way to subsidise the shortfall from central government funding.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back