New Everton Stadium

This is exactly what the RS are failing to grasp! This deal EARNS the local council a guaranteed profit! It costs them nothing.
It is a way to subsidise the shortfall from central government funding.
I would imagine that's dependant on us staying in the top division and being able to guarantee we can service the loan?

I would imagine that's dependant on us staying in the top division and being able to guarantee we can service the loan?

There are fail-safes in place, similar to the ones that were put in while using the SPV arrangement. Everton will have to guarantee sufficient funds in the bank to pay for a a number of years, and also earmark a certain 5 of the clubs income stream towards direct repayment. Likely taht eth LCC will also be guaranteed first repayment in the event of a default. Which has made me wonder, if that is the case, could it be off putting to other lenders/investors?

We haven’t been relegated for 60odd years. And I can’t see it happening anytime soon.

I’m no expert but surely the extra gate revenue, cooperate boxes and bigger sponsorship deals because of the new stadium/location will easily cover the loan.

How much were we paying back all those years under kenwright, when we had big debts?

We haven’t been relegated for 60odd years. And I can’t see it happening anytime soon.

I’m no expert but surely the extra gate revenue, cooperate boxes and bigger sponsorship deals
because of the new stadium/location will easily cover the loan.

How much were we paying back all those years under kenwright, when we had big debts?
I hope your right,but the financial world works in a slightly different way than the possibilities of good results,trophy wins and maybe bigger sponsorship deals (which we have a history of messing up).As I said I have no experience of the modern UK.But our friendly neighbours just might make enough fuss to take the interest of central government in this.

I’m no expert but surely the extra gate revenue, cooperate boxes and bigger sponsorship deals because of the new stadium/location will easily cover the loan.

The USM Dixie Dean Stadium at Bramley Moore Dock could be worth 20 m a year in naming rights.
How much did we get for our training ground naming rights ??

You should know better than to make statements like that as an Evertonian. It would be the most 'Everton' thing in the world for us to move in to our new stadium on the first day of a season after we've just been relegated.

I don't think it was 5m for FF. I seem to remember a figure of 7.5m being quoted for FF and the shirt sponsorship? Happy to be corrected if wrong.

Naming rights could easily be £20 million per year....maybe even more. It will be the top ground and event stadia i the north.

Imo, events and naming rights alone will pay the loan and interest.

Naming rights could easily be £20 million per year....maybe even more. It will be the top ground and event stadia i the north.

Imo, events and naming rights alone will pay the loan and interest.

Spurs have struggled with naming rights for the new WHL, it’s not the cash cow people think. 20 Mill would be unheard of.

Also they may be put off by it being such an iconic stadium. A bit like no one called St James’ Park the Sports Direct Arena, if the new stadium gets an identity of its own in advance of the deal (e.g The Bramley Moore Stadium, or New Goodison Park or whatever) then no one will want to touch it.

There are fail-safes in place, similar to the ones that were put in while using the SPV arrangement. Everton will have to guarantee sufficient funds in the bank to pay for a a number of years, and also earmark a certain 5 of the clubs income stream towards direct repayment. Likely taht eth LCC will also be guaranteed first repayment in the event of a default. Which has made me wonder, if that is the case, could it be off putting to other lenders/investors?

That was my thinking, for the additional 200 million who would borrow knowing if anything was to go wrong at Everton they would be behind LCC in getting paid back.

I hope your right,but the financial world works in a slightly different way than the possibilities of good results,trophy wins and maybe bigger sponsorship deals (which we have a history of messing up).As I said I have no experience of the modern UK.But our friendly neighbours just might make enough fuss to take the interest of central government in this.

The opinions of bitter and uknowledgeable football supporters will have no bearing on this project. The deal will quite rightly be scrutinised by the experts involved and if there are significant risks then it will also rightly be challenged.

It does make me laugh how these bitter Reds think that Joe Anderson will just be able to slip this past those involved with huge risks to the council, all so he can make a name for himself and do the club a favour.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back