New Everton Stadium

The RS whinging that the council would never help them out...

"Liverpool City Council revealed last night that it has left the club with no excuse for further delays, having now bought up all but eight of the 30 privately-owned houses needed to undertake a wholesale demolition and clear the way for the enlarged stadium which the club has said is its preferred way of expanding capacity."

"The eight remaining properties – five of which are derelict – are in the ownership of four private landlords, who are holding out for the best price available. The Lothair Road, Anfield Road and Rockfield Road properties, each worth between £20,000 and £90,000, will if necessary be compulsorily purchased this summer by the council."

£20m in naming rights is laughable, Arsenal get £15.3m, Man City £19.1, Spurs are supposedly struggling for takers at £15m, so there is no way we could get near £20m.

Just because the naming rights are not worth 20m doesn’t mean we won’t get them
The clue was in the fictional name I chose for the stadium
As was mentioned it’s a way around FFP.
I’ve heard it’s only 1% of how much a certain individuals weath INCREASED by in 2017

We literally hired Fa Sam Allardyce THIS SEASON to "save" us from relegation.

Every other club that's done that has stayed up initially but then gone down a year or so after he leaves.
Are we talking the two clubs,Sunderland and Palace? Sunderland replaced him with Moyes who came off the back of two abject failures and Palace took a huge risk on a manager with no Prem experience.And I've a feeling Uncle Woy might just keep them up.

We need to have full transparency with this council deal so every council tax payer in Liverpool (who mostly don't care about football) can see the full costs (including the doomsday scenario if we get relegated/PL money vastly reduced) and the huge benefit to the city and thus them and their families. I have two young daughters and they couldn't care about football, they console me and empathise (a lot) but I know they don't care. I don't care what people here think but their future is far more important than Everton FCs stadium, if a dodgy deal risks future services then we need to know and what plans we have to prevent this.
I am concerned that we have ballsed up before and seem to have some really incompetent staff so smooth implementation is not what we do, going off Moshiri by the week since the communication for such a huge project is - as usual - appalling. The so called plans look like my youngest knocked them up in half an hour, joke.

WONT SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!

In my thank you message from the club for renewing my season ticket, it boldly states that matches next season are likely to be sold out once again.
One could say that's the club getting it's message out loud and clear for needing larger premises.

We literally hired Fa Sam Allardyce THIS SEASON to "save" us from relegation.

Every other club that's done that has stayed up initially but then gone down a year or so after he leaves.

Such a stupid argument.

Firstly Palace won't go down.

Secondly when he took over Sunderland they had 3 points from 8 games, blaming him for their subsequent relegation is just a bit dum. No offence.

He got West Ham promoted and they haven't been down since.

So basically you think Everton could go down because they hired a manager who was in charge of the worst side in Premier League history in more debt than Liverpool who went down after he left....I mean there's GOT to be more to it than that but that's what it looks like you're saying.

Just weird.

Just watching that game last night.

Just in awe how great the Bernabeu is as a stadium,looks fantastic on tv on a European night.

I was just looking at pics of it empty and it's just a perfect stadium.so close to the pitch and steep tiers of stands.

I don't think regulations allow stadiums to be that steep now sadly,but what a majestic stadium that is.

Still today even though it's a old stadium it's still the benchmark for me.

Another stadium i think is fantastic and would be a almost as good as the Bernabeu is the Mestalla in Valencia with massive steep stands,not sure why they don't put a roof on that stadium,the noise would be intimidating.

The RS whinging that the council would never help them out...

"Liverpool City Council revealed last night that it has left the club with no excuse for further delays, having now bought up all but eight of the 30 privately-owned houses needed to undertake a wholesale demolition and clear the way for the enlarged stadium which the club has said is its preferred way of expanding capacity."

"The eight remaining properties – five of which are derelict – are in the ownership of four private landlords, who are holding out for the best price available. The Lothair Road, Anfield Road and Rockfield Road properties, each worth between £20,000 and £90,000, will if necessary be compulsorily purchased this summer by the council."

Interesting, and the Kopites complain about LCC helping us with BMD. Just shows how two faced they are

Another stadium i think is fantastic and would be a almost as good as the Bernabeu is the Mestalla in Valencia with massive steep stands,not sure why they don't put a roof on that stadium,the noise would be intimidating.

Any money Valencia spends on stadiums will be spent on their other one lol - the one they ran out of money building in 2009 which has looked like this ever since....

Nou-Mestalla-stadium-Valencia.jpg

There have been a few efforts to revive this project, none successful so far.

Are we talking the two clubs,Sunderland and Palace? Sunderland replaced him with Moyes who came off the back of two abject failures and Palace took a huge risk on a manager with no Prem experience.And I've a feeling Uncle Woy might just keep them up.

Blackburn, Newcastle, Bolton all went down after he left them too.

Any money Valencia spends on stadiums will be spent on their other one lol - the one they ran out of money building in 2009 which has looked like this ever since....

Nou-Mestalla-stadium-Valencia.jpg

There have been a few efforts to revive this project, none successful so far.

Fascinating that, never knew this had happened to Valencia. Is it anything to do with that greasy peter lim?

Such a stupid argument.

Firstly Palace won't go down.

Secondly when he took over Sunderland they had 3 points from 8 games, blaming him for their subsequent relegation is just a bit dum. No offence.

He got West Ham promoted and they haven't been down since.

So basically you think Everton could go down because they hired a manager who was in charge of the worst side in Premier League history in more debt than Liverpool who went down after he left....I mean there's GOT to be more to it than that but that's what it looks like you're saying.

Just weird.

Actually I was just replying to someone who said they couldn't see us getting relegated as we had been in the top division as long as we have. I merely pointed out the fact that the fat waste if time was hired because SOME PEOPLE panicked and thought we were going to go down.

For the record I never did. We panicked and were lumped with that. A humiliating story for the proud EFC if ever there was one.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back