New Everton Stadium

Ah ok. Just had a look again at that picture and it seems like they may be there but it's tough to see because of all the overlays of lines and colours. This picture from the same booklet shows the cutouts. Apologies for the rubbish picture, all the good ones seem to have been taken off the internet...

akzhdfh94pla.jpg

Here you go.

Rv4BUca.jpg

I'm not saying it's not nice, but does it really fit the descriptions coming from the club. "The greatest home ground in English football" "Something that breaks the mould"

And this from the Meis Himself. "I believe that the historic fabric of the dock is a priceless asset that will help inform a state of the art stadium unlike any other on the planet and one that will capture the magic and memory of Goodison Park".

That stadium floor plan is obviously to show things like people flow and is very specific on capacity. It may have been an initial commission from the club on the practicalities of the stadium on the docks, including north south orientation, sea levels, traffic access, etc. The render may just have been an impression by the company of what a stadium may look like on the site.

But hey, you might be right and I could be wrong. We will have to wait and see.....

If that’s the stadium I’ll be a little disappointed

I'm not saying it's not nice, but does it really fit the descriptions coming from the club. "The greatest home ground in English football" "Something that breaks the mould"

And this from the Meis Himself. "I believe that the historic fabric of the dock is a priceless asset that will help inform a state of the art stadium unlike any other on the planet and one that will capture the magic and memory of Goodison Park".

That stadium floor plan is obviously to show things like people flow and is very specific on capacity. It may have been an initial commission from the club on the practicalities of the stadium on the docks, including north south orientation, sea levels, traffic access, etc. The render may just have been an impression by the company of what a stadium may look like on the site.

But hey, you might be right and I could be wrong. We will have to wait and see.....

The devil is in the detail.

The argument for a bigger capacity is surely that Moshiri will have a trophy winning team within a few years
and that a 40-50k stadium will be insufficient.

It is hard to believe but EFC used to be the biggest team in town with bigger capacities but that could be the case again.

A winning team would see thousands of returning Evertonians...
where are you getting 40-50 from?

The interest rate for 25 year loans from the Public Works Loans Board yesterday was 2.6%, which is up from the 2.26% at the turn on the year. This gives the need for the Council to pay a total of about £381m or about £15.25m a year. The club would have to pay this and the additional £7m, giving a total of just over £22m a year. I have neglected the PWLB fees for arranging the loan. (They have to borrow the money in the first place.)

I doubt that the Council will take out only one loan, though. They will more likely take out over 20 of various lengths and interest rates. (Short term rates are much lower than loans of 25 years.)
Will the cash...if it gets that far, be a fixed or variable interest rate

Bearing in mind the historical lows right now

Hypothetically, by the time we move into the new stadium and safe standing regulations are relaxed and looked at on a club by club basis. I have to say I don't think we would have a chance of being approved for it.

Why? Pitch Invasions. We have a history of fans running on to the pitch at every important goal or event. You only have to browse through a few pages of the "Old Everton Pictures" thread to see images of pitch invasions. Even when the barriers were up before Hillsborough.

I'm not knocking safe standing, I agree it would add to the atmosphere, but to have any chance of getting it installed we must get rid of this culture of running on to the pitch at the first opportunity.

It's almost like some fans are looking for an excuse to run on to the pitch, like the Tony Hibbert Goal against AEK and if you are all honest with yourselves you know that there would have been a pitch invasion if we had scored a late winner against that mob across the park last week.

I don't accept the "starved of success" argument, Huddersfield scored a 92nd min goal yesterday that may keep them in the premiership and their fans were delirious, but they didn't invade the pitch.

We are all hoping that the good times will return and as a result there will be more frequent "important goals and events". However history suggests by definition this will result in more pitch invasions. So those advocating for safe standing and the board at the club must realise that, if a clubs home fans behaviour is taken into account than it will not be forgone conclusion.

It’s already been said that the option to increase capacity won’t be built in. Just go straight to 60,000 and give 10% of tickets to local schools.
Really? What's the thinking behind that?

I wouldn't be against giving the tickets to schools etc I guess

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back