New Everton Stadium

[
I live in the States and watch a lot of the NFL, the notion an existing NFL franchise could ever move to the UK is so far from reality, it's bizarre how much British NFL fans actually think it's close to happening. I'm assuming you're a fan yourself so I don't need to begin to explain some of the issues that would need to be overcome, but there's more to it than just the times zones, or what the repercussions would be for a team that decided to totally dump on its existing American fan base to chase a new market in London. There's the tax situation for players who would have to live in the UK for at least 6 months of the year, and the completely uncharted territory of the same team playing every week in London - where's the evidence a team like the Jags could attract 60,000 fans for a 16 week season, or 80,000 at Wembley? Would 60k come out on a Monday night? Monday night football is huge in America, how would that work in the UK? What about Thursday night football? I think the NFL in the UK is still a fad for a lot of people, it's something trendy people go to for a slice of Americana on their doorstep. If there was a permanent UK franchise, wouldn't it lose its appeal? And another thing regarding the Jags, Khan has reaffirmed his commitment to Jacksonville multiple times; he's putting money into the stadium there. Part of the deal when he bought them was he didn't move them out of Jacksonville

Good post. Its also true that to move a franchise from one location to another incurs a fee of $550 MILLION payable to the NFL. so this would need to be paid on top of the stadium cost. The money involved in sport in the US is astronomical compared with the UK.

Yeah, it's not that easy to see....for bigger version of the image click here ;)

Basically the West Stand will contain facilities for football (of the soccer variety lol). But additionally, a large chunk of the pitchside East and North stands will contain dedicated NFL facilities which they'll be in charge of designing and fitting out (and which they're paying for). That is two NFL sized locker rooms, their own media and press facilities to their spec, cheerleaders rooms, coaches rooms, player family lounge, NFL medical facilities, taping rooms and equipment stores, separate NFL 'tunnel club' (yeah yeah I know), separate NFL tunnel etc. That's one thing people misunderstand. The NFL aren't just renting from us, it's a genuine partnership, almost like two stadiums in one with Spurs' facilities in the West stand and NFL in the East.

That's pretty mad, do you not think having a chunk of the stadium for NFL use only will impact certain facilities, such as concourse, in those areas of the ground?

[

Good post. Its also true that to move a franchise from one location to another incurs a fee of $550 MILLION payable to the NFL. so this would need to be paid on top of the stadium cost. The money involved in sport in the US is astronomical compared with the UK.
Haven't Spurs spent extra to set their new ground up to be 'NFL Friendly'??...if so they've had the rug potentially pulled out from under them

That's pretty mad, do you not think having a chunk of the stadium for NFL use only will impact certain facilities, such as concourse, in those areas of the ground?

I doubt it. I should've said - that diagram shows only Level 00 (i.e. pitch level) and there are ten levels in total in the ground.

e.g. click here for cut through of East stand at the point of the NFL Home locker room

Didn’t realise we had an NFL thread. :coffee:

Got to do something to pass the time, can't sit and watch the tumbleweeds roll by... ;)

Sorry, I look at this thread to see if there's updates on your stadium situation and often find people talking about ours. Didn't mean to take it this far off-topic. :yellow:

I doubt it. I should've said - that diagram shows only Level 00 (i.e. pitch level) and there are ten levels in total in the ground.

e.g. click here for cut through of East stand at the point of the NFL Home locker room

Sorry, I look at this thread to see if there's updates on your stadium situation and often find people talking about ours. Didn't mean to take it this far off-topic. :yellow:

I was only joking mate. :blush:

At the moment I'd rather talk about NWHL than our fading stadium dreams.

Latest pics

Attachments

• IMG_0081.webp
    IMG_0081.webp
    605.8 KB · Views: 148

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back