New Everton Stadium

I can definitely see them selling it, the reasoning for the semi finals etc being played there is due to them trying to pay the thing off. Spiralling construction costs clamped a huge debt on the FA.

In regards to the NFL - no idea on this but maybe they can't fit the NFL pitch on Old Trafford etc?

Agreed the fact the FA have not said an outright no means they are seriously considering it.
As I said in my previous post The Yanks could sell Craven Cottage for 220/230m and have an 80,000 ready to go stadium for Fulham FC if they get promoted.

To me it makes perfect sense for the Yanks to dual use the stadium , and throw a few concerts and boxing matches in as well.
I’m not sure if PL rules allow artificial pitches but that’s what the Yanks will want to install at Wembley , or else do what Spurs are doing and put in a removable artificial pitch but I’m not sure of the logistics of retro fitting one of those

Agreed the fact the FA have not said an outright no means they are seriously considering it.
As I said in my previous post The Yanks could sell Craven Cottage for 220/230m and have an 80,000 ready to go stadium for Fulham FC if they get promoted.

To me it makes perfect sense for the Yanks to dual use the stadium , and throw a few concerts and boxing matches in as well.
I’m not sure if PL rules allow artificial pitches but that’s what the Yanks will want to install at Wembley , or else do what Spurs are doing and put in a removable artificial pitch but I’m not sure of the logistics of retro fitting one of those

I don't think much will change - it'll still be England home turf - just these yanks get all the profits from the other events.

I don't think much will change - it'll still be England home turf - just these yanks get all the profits from the other events.
If the Yanks own the stadium they can do pretty much what they like.
The English FA will have s choice of WHL Stamford Bridge , Old Trafford , St James not to mention the USM Dixie Dean Stadium at Bramley Moore Dock to play their home games.
Wembley could be used for the really big games that sell 80,000

I can definitely see them selling it, the reasoning for the semi finals etc being played there is due to them trying to pay the thing off. Spiralling construction costs clamped a huge debt on the FA.

In regards to the NFL - no idea on this but maybe they can't fit the NFL pitch on Old Trafford etc?

I read somewhere that it will be paid off in about 8 years. If it's coined in 500-600 million or whatever the FA actually financed in 20 years then it would be foolish to sell it in my humble opinion.

Getting less and less confident this will ever happen. If it’s doesn’t, we’re just a sitting duck for eventual relegation.

This club needs a root and branch review. Absolute joke what has happened over these past couple of years.

Moshiri should have ridded us of the deadweights we have had around our necks for decades, not keep them around.

Maybe Moshiri has very quickly become “deadwood” himself.

This club has plumbed new depths under his auspices :(

And I am like you.....this sparkling jewel of a stadium but the river seems as far away right now as a top four finish does.

I cannot see the point of the FA selling Wembley for £800m, it cost them that to build it and brings in millions every year , if the NFL want to play games there, I am sure they can for a price. If they did I would imagine most England games would still be played in London, either at Arsenal, Tottenham or Chelsea's stadiums, they may occasionally play at Old Trafford.

The NFL would probably think our stadium is too small for NFL, they would want Old Trafford, Millenium stadium, MurryField Stadium, etc. I don't think they would consider a stadium less than 60,000

I thought Spurs had a deal with the NFL to play games at the new ground and that in fact the NFL were one of their investors in the project.

I thought Spurs had a deal with the NFL to play games at the new ground and that in fact the NFL were one of their investors in the project.

Only 2 games a year - and I think NFL want to increase the number of games.

The NFL have invested (so far) £10m into the project which is a drop in the ocean for them and that investment (small in the overall scheme) gave them a very good option for the future. For that money the stadium is kitted out to NFL spec (not just the dedicated field but all the internal facilitates they need - see ). We already have permission from the council to host the number of games needed for a full NFL season, so that's not an issue. In fact, there's no reason why an NFL team couldn't relocate to NWHL and that was almost certainly the NFL's plan with this partnership.

The Jaguars owner has never liked the idea of a franchise at our new stadium though - maybe because he also owns Fulham and doesn't want to do us any favours. He's gone on record about wanting a franchise to be at Wembley. I don't think anyone thought he felt this strongly though. Him buying Wembley surely changes the picture and I suspect will mean the NFL steps back from NWHL once our ten year contract with them is done. They've no need to be involved with the stadium side of things if this happens.

A smart and really ambitious move by Levy to get the NFL partnership signed off and to position the new stadium as first in line for a London team. But I don't think he could've reckoned on an NFL owner ACTUALLY BUYING WEMBLEY STADIUM (FFS!). :confused:

The NFL have invested (so far) £10m into the project which is a drop in the ocean for them and that investment (small in the overall scheme) gave them a very good option for the future. For that money the stadium is kitted out to NFL spec (not just the dedicated field but all the internal facilitates they need - see ). We already have permission from the council to host the number of games needed for a full NFL season, so that's not an issue. In fact, there's no reason why an NFL team couldn't relocate to NWHL and that was almost certainly the NFL's plan with this partnership.

The Jaguars owner has never liked the idea of a franchise at our new stadium though - maybe because he also owns Fulham and doesn't want to do us any favours. He's gone on record about wanting a franchise to be at Wembley. I don't think anyone thought he felt this strongly though. Him buying Wembley surely changes the picture and I suspect will mean the NFL steps back from NWHL once our ten year contract with them is done. They've no need to be involved with the stadium side of things if this happens.

A smart and really ambitious move by Levy to get the NFL partnership signed off and to position the new stadium as first in line for a London team. But I don't think he could've reckoned on an NFL owner ACTUALLY BUYING WEMBLEY STADIUM (FFS!). :confused:

Thank you for that - explains a lot.

One question - what are the internal specifications you had to comply with in the stadium? I can't make it out from the drawing - just see how the pitch moves.

Thank you for that - explains a lot.

One question - what are the internal specifications you had to comply with in the stadium? I can't make it out from the drawing - just see how the pitch moves.

There's a lot more players in an NFL team then in a PL team, so the size of the changies will have to be much larger. That's just one of many things.

Cheers, Rob ;)

Do you mean WHL or Wembley will have an NFL franchise playing there all season, or will it contine to be the now annual Fall fixtures?

And what price a Super Bowl being played in London any time soon?

There's a lot more players in an NFL team then in a PL team, so the size of the changies will have to be much larger. That's just one of many things.

Looking at the layout, seems they just have entire NFL zones. Not sure if that space will be re-purposed on non NFL days though. I would expect so, space is premium in London.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back