New Everton Stadium

Getting less and less confident this will ever happen. If it’s doesn’t, we’re just a sitting duck for eventual relegation.

This club needs a root and branch review. Absolute joke what has happened over these past couple of years.

Moshiri should have ridded us of the deadweights we have had around our necks for decades, not keep them around.

Getting less and less confident this will ever happen. If it’s doesn’t, we’re just a sitting duck for eventual relegation.

This club needs a root and branch review. Absolute joke what has happened over these past couple of years.

Moshiri should have ridded us of the deadweights we have had around our necks for decades, not keep them around.
I'm certain things are going on behind the scenes but if nothing emerges in the next 12 months to sooth our nerves then I reckon it will not be happening.
If that's the case, then I agree that as you say, we will be locked into a spiral of decline and who knows what that may bring?

BMD could become the new home of the English national team if Wembley is sold lol
I know some games will still be there but I can see the NFL franchise turning the pitch into an artificial surface

I cannot see the point of the FA selling Wembley for £800m, it cost them that to build it and brings in millions every year , if the NFL want to play games there, I am sure they can for a price. If they did I would imagine most England games would still be played in London, either at Arsenal, Tottenham or Chelsea's stadiums, they may occasionally play at Old Trafford.

The NFL would probably think our stadium is too small for NFL, they would want Old Trafford, Millenium stadium, MurryField Stadium, etc. I don't think they would consider a stadium less than 60,000

I cannot see the point of the FA selling Wembley for £800m, it cost them that to build it and brings in millions every year , if the NFL want to play games there, I am sure they can for a price. If they did I would imagine most England games would still be played in London, either at Arsenal, Tottenham or Chelsea's stadiums, they may occasionally play at Old Trafford.

The NFL would probably think our stadium is too small for NFL, they would want Old Trafford, Millenium stadium, MurryField Stadium, etc. I don't think they would consider a stadium less than 60,000
I think you should read my post again
I NEVER said that our new ground ( if it happens ) would be used for NFL games.
I DID say jokingly that it could become the new home of the English National team.
If the Yanks buy Wembley they could put their football team (Fulham ) in it as well so it makes economic sense.
I’ve no idea how much Craven Cottage is Worth but I’m fairly sure land in Fulham would fetch a high price and that would be a large down payment on Wembley.
2.3 hectares at roughly 90 m a hectare
Remember it’s the Yanks and it’s all about the dollar not the sport , not the participation, not the winning , but the Mighty Dollar.

Last edited:

I can definitely see them selling it, the reasoning for the semi finals etc being played there is due to them trying to pay the thing off. Spiralling construction costs clamped a huge debt on the FA.

In regards to the NFL - no idea on this but maybe they can't fit the NFL pitch on Old Trafford etc?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back