New Everton Stadium

Nearly 4 weeks since BMD workshops, has Club gone back into information lockdown? Dan Meis promised exterior renders, within weeks, not months. Still no idea on capacity or if club will be able to raise finance. More life in a dead Parrot.

I think if this stadium falls through, I'm not saying it will but if, that'll be me done with football. It'll suck any passion, excitement and love of the game right out of it for me.

Councils have lent secured cheap money before for projects that can earn them some money in the longer term. I know a shopping precinct was one of them but I don't think any have been single use projects like a football stadium, could be wrong like.

I think if this stadium falls through, I'm not saying it will but if, that'll be me done with football. It'll suck any passion, excitement and love of the game right out of it for me.

I think if that did happen, Everton FC would be finished as a 'sleeping Giant' and we'd be forever destined for mediocrity.

It's hard, particularly at the moment, but we just have to be patient. Remember that most if not all clubs experience obstacles with stadium moves. Tottenham's Stadium project has been ongoing for 10 years.

It's a vehicle that has been constantly used to great effect by other major English cities. Even Warrington has borrowed more than LCC from this source for their Burtonwood thing.

Some info >>> http://www.room151.co.uk/treasury/september-pwlb-borrowing-reaches-almost-half-a-billion/
Thanks for the info! Shouldn't really be a problem then. Providing the club can raise the rest of the money, which would be at commercial rates, should be able to move on with the project.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back