New Everton Stadium

I was just asking. I guess I didn't know it was that bad.
If we miss a second opportunity to build a stadium on the banks of the Mersey, it will be an utter disgrace.

Goodison is so bad. I don’t know if you’ve ever had the chance to visit, but in the Gwladys Street end you can’t even wash your hands in warm water and there are signs warning people about jumping under low hanging beams.

It is definitely time to move on.

Question. Does everyone really want a new stadium? I know as a Detroit Redwings fan when they built the new LC Arena I feel like the team lost a lot of it's history and feel. Goodison is old and out of date, but it's home. Why not just remodel?

I'm sure we will lose a bit of our history and if we struggle for a while afterwards people will be bringing it up more so. The problem is Goodison is so hemmed-in that you would have to lose seats to give the space that modern stadiums afford.

The location on the docks makes it a dream move if we can. It is our best chance of a revolution in where we currently stand in the city and in the game.

If we miss a second opportunity to build a stadium on the banks of the Mersey, it will be an utter disgrace.

Goodison is so bad. I don’t know if you’ve ever had the chance to visit, but in the Gwladys Street end you can’t even wash your hands in warm water and there are signs warning people about jumping under low hanging beams.

It is definitely time to move on.

..I had the fortune to have a knock about there a few seasons ago and the dressing room area isn’t a lot better than some of the local parks. Great memories but time to move on.

I was just asking. I guess I didn't know it was that bad.
I have only been to Goodison once, when I went back to the UK this year. On that trip I also went to Celtic park, Wembley, NounCamp, Bernabau and Wando Metropolitana (Atletico Madrid’s new ground). Yes, Goodison is home, and there is something special about it, but a new stadium is definitely needed. If you take away the emotion of visiting it, it really is a rundown stadium with very poor views, and due to the location there is no opportunity to improve/expand it as it is hemmed in by houses on all sides.

Also remember, this is not our first ground move, we called Anfield home for the first 30 years.

..I had the fortune to have a knock about there a few seasons ago and the dressing room area isn’t a lot better than some of the local parks. Great memories but time to move on.
I went on. Legends tour recently which was good fun. I was quite shocked though at how tatty and basic the changing rooms still were for the players.

As usual, Joe Anderson is having to put the Red Echo in its place. Ban this rag from reporting on Everton.

All about money for road repairs etc, and nothing to do with us, yet that RS rag of a paper still find a way of getting us in the piece, and then word it as to stir up trouble:

"Mayor Joe Anderson plans to borrow a total of £185m over the next 25 years at low interest rates - the same type of loan that he intends to use to help fund a new Everton stadium at Bramley-Moore Dock ."

The more I see of Spurs’ new stadium, the more I’m not liking it. Them cladding photos from a couple of days ago make it look like a massive multi-storey car park.
The more I see of Spurs’ new stadium, the more I’m not liking it. Them cladding photos from a couple of days ago make it look like a massive multi-storey car park.

Looks a lot better up close than pictures suggest

Question. Does everyone really want a new stadium? I know as a Detroit Redwings fan when they built the new LC Arena I feel like the team lost a lot of it's history and feel. Goodison is old and out of date, but it's home. Why not just remodel?

It is needed for us to progress tbh, a stadium these days is more than just atmosphere. Yeah revenue is mainly from TV deals nowadays, but we need to be more proactive with corporate seating, boxes, and the possibility of other events etc. We will all miss goodison badly, it's broken many records along the way, but it's time now for a new stadium, a 21st century stadium to start making its own records.

I think a lot of wealthy investors have looked elsewhere because of the massive sacrifice in funds they would have to spend on a new stadium so this could be the start of a proper improvement of EFC, here's hoping anyway.

I never expected the club would get so much right with the proposed design, fair play, it seems they've considered everything possible to avoid a loss of atmosphere. I don't think they've had enough plaudits yet considering, then again, maybe that come when it's built.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back