New Everton Stadium

so how many weeks is it since dan meis workshops????

and still nada

Bill, “they’re getting restless Farhad lad”
Mosh, “I’ll get Dan to run another workshop”
Bill, “I’ve been doing that stuff to them for years, but I think they’re getting wise to it”
Mosh, “ok, I’ll get Dan to run two workshops”
Bill, “that’ll do it”..........

Must have hit issues somewhere along the line. It's all gone far too quiet. Appreciate there have been Boardroom changes and a manager to search for, but surely they could at least provide some renderings if they are confident it will happen. The longer this goes on, the more I think this could end up shelved like the previous plans. Hope I'm wrong but the silence is deafening.

Seeing designs in ‘a few weeks’ is now turning into a few months.

I think we’re waiting on the council to foot the bill for the entire stadium and we’ll be the tenants.

So we'e on the list for another 12 months at least?

It lists the previous review dates, 2006, 2011, 2015 in the text, so from that I wouldn't expect another review for a number of years. Thought they might expedite that with what is happening. They are not exactly unaware of the stadium plans though.

It lists the previous review dates, 2006, 2011, 2015 in the text, so from that I wouldn't expect another review for a number of years. Thought they might expedite that with what is happening. They are not exactly unaware of the stadium plans though.

Maybe that's a positive, maybe the club/Meis have allayed their concerns about the stadium? Wasn't it Meis himself who said he was working with/talking to UNESCO to minimise that issue? Perhaps this is a sign of success?

Maybe that's a positive, maybe the club/Meis have allayed their concerns about the stadium? Wasn't it Meis himself who said he was working with/talking to UNESCO to minimise that issue? Perhaps this is a sign of success?

Maybe less 'success', more an 'understanding'. The whole reason that Liverpool was put on the risk list in 2012 was due to Liverpool Waters, as far as I understand, that was pretty much what the review was about due to Peels work on a new masterplan (doesn't include BMD). I take the fact that BMD hasn't been added as a concern as a positive though.

They have access to the designs/concepts of BMD, as they do the Liverpool waters scheme, so yeah, definitely a positive that the stadium has not been added to their concerns.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back