New Everton Stadium

Yes and they got the site for a snip because they will create over 2000 new jobs and add accommodation to an already supply shortage market
The stadium is a means to an end.

Irish government bending over (and I do not mean backwards) for Google to stick it in them, mind cannot blame them, look at the investment, jobs etc.

Irish government bending over (and I do not mean backwards) for Google to stick it in them, mind cannot blame them, look at the investment, jobs etc.
Exactly , Google may not pay much taxes but look at the money they spend in Ireland every year and the taxes their workers pay plus all the ancillary services they require.
They put a lot of money into the Irish economy every year

What you mean is that we havnt publicly declared the funding.

If, and its a BIG IF, granted, the main reason for Moshiri pitching up was as much to do with the docks as it was Everton, do you not think financing would have been kinda nattered about before he lobbed a cheque at Mr Bill?

The LCC loan thing just makes more sense for the club and Council. If it goes tits up, "other" avenues would have been visited.

As ever, these are my own musings and observations.
And my musings are that Moshiri buying Everton , buying the Liver Building , giving the council access to a stream of guaranteed income for 20+ yrs makes him a citizen of Liverpool and ingratiates him into the council thinking when they look for planning permission for other projects for which funding will not be an issue.
I doubt Moshiri woke up one morning and decided to buy Everton for the fun of it
If Moshiri puts a billion into Everton the profits on other plans in the area will pay for the majority of it
These lads ALWAYS. have a plan.

Lads, a planning application for a project this size on the proposed site was always going to take a minimum of 18 months. There is so much involved and it takes a long time to have a full planning application ready to submit. There will no doubt be further requests for information after an application of this size is submitted.
Yes , it’s not a flipping kitchen extension we are building

And my musings are that Moshiri buying Everton , buying the Liver Building , giving the council access to a stream of guaranteed income for 20+ yrs makes him a citizen of Liverpool and ingratiates him into the council thinking when they look for planning permission for other projects for which funding will not be an issue.
I doubt Moshiri woke up one morning and decided to buy Everton for the fun of it
If Moshiri puts a billion into Everton the profits on other plans in the area will pay for the majority of it
These lads ALWAYS. have a plan.
Everton moving their operations into the Liver buildings in Aug tells you all you need to know about clubs intentions in regards to the new stadium.
They will look rather silly if it falls through

Everton moving their operations into the Liver buildings in Aug tells you all you need to know about clubs intentions in regards to the new stadium.
They will look rather silly if it falls through
Mate is working on it at the moment. He’s a city fan but I’ve asked him if he’s heard anything. Highly unlikely he was going to and that is the case.

I can't believe the council will turn their noses up at earning over £7m a year in these times of austerity, seems certain councillors are cutting their noses off to spite their faces, surely that's blatant dereliction of duty.

I can't believe the council will turn their noses up at earning over £7m a year in these times of austerity, seems certain councillors are cutting their noses off to spite their faces, surely that's blatant dereliction of duty.

No, the members of the council have to balance possible benefits against possible risks. We know some of the risks - relegation, reduction in Sky money, recession because of Brexit, trade wars or even real wars, and risks we don't know about yet.

The Council will have to borrow £280m at 2.6% and pay back around £380m or £15 million a year. The debt is the Council's debt. If the club fails to pay the Council has to pay the debt even if the club goes out of existence. (Heaven forbid.) The Council might even have to cut services as the debt must be paid off.

It's a risk for the Council.

No, the members of the council have to balance possible benefits against possible risks. We know some of the risks - relegation, reduction in Sky money, recession because of Brexit, trade wars or even real wars, and risks we don't know about yet.

The Council will have to borrow £280m at 2.6% and pay back around £380m or £15 million a year. The debt is the Council's debt. If the club fails to pay the Council has to pay the debt even if the club goes out of existence. (Heaven forbid.) The Council might even have to cut services as the debt must be paid off.

It's a risk for the Council.

With the 7 million per year they could get all the homeless off the streets into accommodation and still have change for their Xmas party.

Not to mention the pot holes.

With the 7 million per year they could get all the homeless off the streets into accommodation and still have change for their Xmas party.

Not to mention the pot holes.

The Council intends to borrow £185m over 25 years to improve the roads including £15m specifically for potholes. No idea of its intentions for the homeless.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back