New Everton Stadium

To those on here who are taking a perverse pleasure in the alleged demise of BM, don't count your chickens just yet. I think the latest information is suggesting Everton have more than one financial suitor to facilitate the loan. Don't see why this news is automatically being taken as a negative. On a broader note, surely the whole point of Moshiri coming her was the new stadium, otherwise what's in it for him? I'm still confident it will go ahead. Hope we put planning permission in before the start of next season. Planning permission can be granted without the need to show funding is in place, as I understand it.
Some lenders wont approve you UNTIL you get PP - then you get some of the money and if your initial work is okayed by the building inspectors you get the rest

Are these new rumours about Bill going? because I thought he was going back in March, what's a rights issue?
It can be just debt turned into extra shares, or investors money is turned into extra shares. Or a mixture of both.
Moshiri's 17465 of 35000 shares (49.9% aprox)
turns in to (say) 35000 of 50000 (70.0% aprox)
Leaving the minor shareholders effectively marginalised.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...ws/everton-create-new-role-spearhead-14787137

I detest all these soundbites - ‘needs to understand Everton and bring that to the new stadium’

All this ‘exclusive’ confirmed is that we’re still nowhere close to finalising finance for the stadium. Stop with all the spinning, Denise.

No way we’re in there for 2022/23.

Looks like everyone in a senior position at the club has a very narrow remit but even then are delegating tasks to others.

That is NOT a competent team running Everton.

Looks like everyone in a senior position at the club has a very narrow remit but even then are delegating tasks to others.

I see it more as there are now two people, Harris and the pending appointment, dedicated to the stadium project. Granted Harris's role may not be full time and is more advisory but how is this not a progressive step?
Previously, it appears to only have been Elstone tasked with the project. And he had several other areas of responsibility so progress can only have been piecemeal as time permitted for him. This should allow for more focus and progress.

I see it more as there are now two people, Harris and the pending appointment, dedicated to the stadium project. Granted Harris's role may not be full time and is more advisory but how is this not a progressive step?
Previously, it appears to only have been Elstone tasked with the project. And he had several other areas of responsibility so progress can only have been piecemeal as time permitted for him. This should allow for more focus and progress.

It suggests to me that the recent "big change" announcements in the club hierarchy was slipshod and this latest call for expertise underlines that they haven't got people of quality (in this case Harris) who have a grasp of the remit given - hence the hiring of someone who does. Maybe once they hire this 'day to day' expert they can dump Harris?

Harris is acting as Sponsor, the new person will be running the show......

I think it's realistic to want an experienced person who has been involved in large scale projects like this one, to project manage the development, reporting to the board member responsible Keith Harris (God help us).

No idea why anyone would ‘detest’ that comment tbh mate.

Have you applied btw?
It is just cliché rubbish, they put it out thinking that is what the fans want to hear. Just like how Kenwright, Woods, etc, ‘get Everton’. I would rather have a person at the top of their profession who understands how to deliver a project of this scale, ‘getting’ a club they don’t support is not important to me, nor the vast majority of fans.

It’s funny that a club can talk about something so much (Bramley-Moore Dock), but say so little.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back