New Everton Stadium

But @roydo, Liverpool Waters will be cut down to a still to be approved size; Moshiri's boss could have problems with the UK government and moving money around, and the Council Labour group is badly split. I've been optimistic from the first but things look pretty bleak.

But @roydo, Liverpool Waters will be cut down to a still to be approved size; Moshiri's boss could have problems with the UK government and moving money around, and the Council Labour group is badly split. I've been optimistic from the first but things look pretty bleak.

All perfectly feasible.

Three scenarios at play, depending on your POV re Moshiri.

1. He is a carpet bagger interested in only his wallet, and EFC/BMD is the key to unlocking the cash via the LW stuff.

2. He isnt a carpet bagger and is in for the long haul, (Liver Building?), facilitating the growth of EFC with BMD as a key component in all that.

3. He is an idiot, and will bail as soon as BMD project dies.

Take your pick.

Me? A bit of 1, and a bit of 2.

All perfectly feasible.

Three scenarios at play, depending on your POV re Moshiri.

1. He is a carpet bagger interested in only his wallet, and EFC/BMD is the key to unlocking the cash via the LW stuff.

2. He isnt a carpet bagger and is in for the long haul, (Liver Building?), facilitating the growth of EFC with BMD as a key component in all that.

3. He is an idiot, and will bail as soon as BMD project dies.

Take your pick.

Me? A bit of 1, and a bit of 2.
This is the thing, though. Option 1 is only an issue for evertonians. If you were a billionaire, you'd be jizzing in your pants at the thought of buying a well established club in the premiere league, with almost guaranteed profit. He's not a carpet bagger. He's a competent business man.

This is the thing, though. Option 1 is only an issue for evertonians. If you were a billionaire, you'd be jizzing in your pants at the thought of buying a well established club in the premiere league, with almost guaranteed profit. He's not a carpet bagger. He's a competent business man.

I used the term carpet bagger because some on here routinely refer to him as just that.

I used the term carpet bagger because some on here routinely refer to him as just that.
I know. Its just that we need to accept that we're a cash cow. The best we can hope for is that we benefit in the interim.

Its wierd that we laugh at the possibility that abramovic will leave Chelsea because of the visa/stadium issue, but we're completely oblivious to the fact that moshiri would do the same. Even if usmanov was our owner, you think he wouldn't walk if he didn't think he'd make money off us?

I know. Its just that we need to accept that we're a cash cow. The best we can hope for is that we benefit in the interim.

Its wierd that we laugh at the possibility that abramovic will leave Chelsea because of the visa/stadium issue, but we're completely oblivious to the fact that moshiri would do the same. Even if usmanov was our owner, you think he wouldn't walk if he didn't think he'd make money off us?

He’s a British citizen isn’t he ?

I don't think Moshiri is a carpet bagger but I doubt he can tolerate making a loss. I had worried that he would continue to try to spend his way to success when we can't do that and fund a stadium, in my view. The stadium must be the priority. We should start walking away from transfer deals that look too expensive and reign in wages to manageable levels.

I don't think Moshiri is a carpet bagger but I doubt he can tolerate making a loss. I had worried that he would continue to try to spend his way to success when we can't do that and fund a stadium, in my view. The stadium must be the priority. We should start walking away from transfer deals that look too expensive and reign in wages to manageable levels.
If the stadium doesent go through moshiri is off, he needs that in order to sell the club.

Sidenote does anyone know how moshiri lost 600million between march 2017 and march 2018.
His net worth went from 2.3 to 1.7billion.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back