New Everton Stadium

planning permission alone could take anywhere from 12 months - 3 years to get ironed out, on something of this scale.

so when they say 'spades in the ground' this time next year, its complete guesswork.
I think that's worse case scenario. Probably months rather than years. Destinantion Kirkby was granted by KBC who were as much on board as LCC are.
My question is when this will even be proffered though.

Spurs managed to build their stadium in 12months.

2022/23 is still possible.

More like three years.

Started late 2015, though site clearance/prep was ongoing before that.

I mean re Spurs.

I found this quite amusing.

In September 2014, the remaining business with two plots on the development site, Archway Sheet Metal Works, initiated a legal challenge in the High Court that the compulsory purchase order was unlawful and invalid.[56] In November 2014, Archway Sheet Metal was subjected to a suspected arson attack, which destroyed their factory on the site.[57] On 20 February 2015, the High Court judge ruled that the compulsory purchase order was legal and valid. He also refused permission to appeal though it could be referred directly to the Court of Appeal,[58] which on 13 March 2015 Archway Steel confirmed to the Club it would not be pursuing.[59] On 31 March 2015, in a joint statement the Club and Archway Sheet Metal Works announced that agreement had been concluded on the sale of the remaining plots on the Paxton Road required for the development to proceed.

Dont mess with Levy.

It's my understanding the court told Spurs to pay Archway less for the site (i.e. market price) than we were actually offering them. They were hoping to win the court case and force the club's hand further, instead it kind of backfired.

That said, they've got a new site they're operating from now and the hatchet seems to have been buried....
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...mpany-tried-block-new-800m-stadium-make-time/

More like three years.

Started late 2015, though site clearance/prep was ongoing before that.

It's my understanding the court told Spurs to pay Archway less for the site (i.e. market price) than we were actually offering them. They were hoping to win the court case and force the club's hand further, instead it kind of backfired.

That said, they've got a new site they're operating from now and the hatchet seems to have been buried....
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...mpany-tried-block-new-800m-stadium-make-time/

3 years to build a replica toilet seat..

I did hear you got bogged down a bit during the build tho..

Serious proposal here. Can I make a suggestion to the mods. Is it possible to split this thread into 2 threads? One for those of us who still think BMD will happen and who would like to discuss things like capacity, public transport issues, time scale, facilities, naming rights etc and one for those who don't think BMD will happen and they can discuss what happens next, redeveloping Goodison, other potential sites, ground sharing and the like. There are 2 camps posting on this thread who will never see eye to eye and it's getting nobody anywhere. It's bordering on the childish. Ultimately, one camp will be proved right and one wrong. In the mean time let's go our separate ways for now.

What do others think?

Serious proposal here. Can I make a suggestion to the mods. Is it possible to split this thread into 2 threads? One for those of us who still think BMD will happen and who would like to discuss things like capacity, public transport issues, time scale, facilities, naming rights etc and one for those who don't think BMD will happen and they can discuss what happens next, redeveloping Goodison, other potential sites, ground sharing and the like. There are 2 camps posting on this thread who will never see eye to eye and it's getting nobody anywhere. It's bordering on the childish. Ultimately, one camp will be proved right and one wrong. In the mean time let's go our separate ways for now.

What do others think?

200w.gif

Question: when do you expect PP to be applied for, and at what point if it isn't forthcoming will alarm bells start ringing?

I expect PP will be applied for we the information pertaining to PP has been completed. The desire is there among all parties for this build to be a success, and in my experience, that will lead to a successful build.

I obviously cant see into the future, none of us can, and I accept that some people will have concerns. I do feel though that some of those concerns are based more around conjecture spread through assumption rather than anything concrete. That's not a criticism, but more an observation.

What do others think?

I think we should split it into 6 threads......
One for those who just believe
One for those who want to believe
One for those that believe it won’t happen
One for those who want to believe it won’t happen (Rawkists)
One for those who want it to happen but have seen this all before
One for those who can no longer give a toss........

I expect PP will be applied for we the information pertaining to PP has been completed. The desire is there among all parties for this build to be a success, and in my experience, that will lead to a successful build.

I obviously cant see into the future, none of us can, and I accept that some people will have concerns. I do feel though that some of those concerns are based more around conjecture spread through assumption rather than anything concrete. That's not a criticism, but more an observation.
But that's an "how long is a piece of string?" answer. We can do better than that cant we? The club CEO and LCC via Anderson have been giving their anticipated timelines from time to time.

I appreciate you cant know when PP will be applied for but more and more delay has to be indicative of something being not quite right. Hence my question.

But that's an "how long is a piece of string?" answer. We can do better than that cant we? The club CEO and LCC via Anderson have been giving their anticipated timelines from time to time.

I appreciate you cant know when PP will be applied for but more and more delay has to be indicative of something being not quite right. Hence my question.

Not necessarily. This is a huge project with many facets that can affect any dates, many are beyond Evertons control. These are issues potentially leading to delays though, not to Binning it off. Right from the beginning I didn't feel that Anderson was correct in his assumptions of 3 years, and I think I stated it, that hasn't changed. I was under the impression that PP was to be applied for in December, that didn't happen. Why it didn't, I dont know but I suspect, and purely conjecture on my part, it was linked to the change in masterplan for LW. There was a deadline for the creation of the documents required for PP though, and that would mean that a huge chunk of the work has been completed. I'm not sure most people are aware of the level of detail required by the design team to successfully apply for PP at this project value and impact.

I can't tell you when I think PP will be applied for, simply because I don't know. I hope its soon though.

Not necessarily. This is a huge project with many facets that can affect any dates, many are beyond Evertons control. These are issues potentially leading to delays though, not to Binning it off. Right from the beginning I didn't feel that Anderson was correct in his assumptions of 3 years, and I think I stated it, that hasn't changed. I was under the impression that PP was to be applied for in December, that didn't happen. Why it didn't, I dont know but I suspect, and purely conjecture on my part, it was linked to the change in masterplan for LW. There was a deadline for the creation of the documents required for PP though, and that would mean that a huge chunk of the work has been completed. I'm not sure most people are aware of the level of detail required by the design team to successfully apply for PP at this project value and impact.

I can't tell you when I think PP will be applied for, simply because I don't know. I hope its soon though.
Then basically you're telling me in a round about way that when we hear timelines from club and council we are hearing nothing of consequence and that we should disregard them as so general as to be worthless?

Then basically you're telling me in a round about way that when we hear timelines from club and council we are hearing nothing of consequence and that we should disregard them as so general as to be worthless?

I'm not telling you to do anything Dave.

I know. But I asked what your view was on the issue and you've avoided it.

My view on the issue, if I understand your question properly, is that Anderson has his own reasons for being so bullish, and Everton have their own reasons for not being. I personally prefer Evertons approach and feel that it is more sensible. Many fans don't. 2 decades ago, many fans wouldnt even know of the possibility of a new stadium build until PP went in, nobody was aware of all the previous work in getting there. Social media and forums such as this have created a thirst and impatience for knowledge. There has not been much on this project up to now that is hugely out of line with many projects, just that most aren't publicised like this, at least not among us.

My view on the issue, if I understand your question properly, is that Anderson has his own reasons for being so bullish, and Everton have their own reasons for not being. I personally prefer Evertons approach and feel that it is more sensible. Many fans don't. 2 decades ago, many fans wouldnt even know of the possibility of a new stadium build until PP went in, nobody was aware of all the previous work in getting there. Social media and forums such as this have created a thirst and impatience for knowledge. There has not been much on this project up to now that is hugely out of line with many projects, just that most aren't publicised like this, at least not among us.
But Everton through Elstone also indulged in Planning Application speculation.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back