New Everton Stadium

I know that it is possible for communities to create their own town or parish councils, and my understanding is that such councils are also allowed to apply for PWLB loans?

If that is the case, then I think we should create our own parish or town council and fund the stadium that way. Dave K could be our leader.

This has already been answered by the mayor, several times.

Thing is, it hasn't been and the amount and terms of lending this money have changed ever since the news of it broke. I am absolutely certain that all safeguards for LCC taxpayers have been agreed, but crucially this has not been made public yet and until it is then the questionning of it is valid. Soundbites from Joe are not enough to dismiss the concerns, legally agreed terms are.

@EFC78 sums it up nicely a few posts up.

..just watching the BBC Sunday Politics show and they asked the MP for Walton about Momentum Labour members putting pressure on local representatives to withdraw support for the Everton stadium build. He responded along the lines of having to listen to what members are saying.

..just watching the BBC Sunday Politics show and they asked the MP for Walton about Momentum Labour members putting pressure on local representatives to withdraw support for the Everton stadium build. He responded along the lines of having to listen to what members are saying.
And another one bites the dust...potentially
As MP for Walton some members may want the Club to stay in Walton for the business, while others might want them to GTF for the traffic

And another one bites the dust...potentially
As MP for Walton some members may want the Club to stay in Walton for the business, while others might want them to GTF for the traffic

..I think it’s more about Council funding than locality. I wonder if Momentum would kick up the same opposition if it was LFC.

..I think it’s more about Council funding than locality. I wonder if Momentum would kick up the same opposition if it was LFC.
This funding has a lot of hoops to jump through yet.
I still have Elstones statement from the AGM going around my head...gist; 'If the funding gets too silly we will walk away'

Everton are doing absolutely zero to allay fears that BMD is going nowhere fast. Seems to be the 3 wise monkeys strategy. See no, hear no, speak no.

Only we could have a new stadium scuppered by Leon Trotsky.

:celebrate:

We like to talk a good talk, but when it comes to actually doing anything we’re about as useful as a chocolate teapot.

This will be confirmed as dead soon. Already missing all timeframes they were setting.

State this club is in at the moment is really starting to grind on my nerves.

We like to talk a good talk, but when it comes to actually doing anything we’re about as useful as a chocolate teapot.

This will be confirmed as dead soon. Already missing all timeframes they were setting.

State this club is in at the moment is really starting to grind on my nerves.
Great plan "The Mosh" had:

- Allow our own generated cash to pay for a squad spurge which had loads giving him the credit for paying for
- Get a stadium scheme off the ground and cross your fingers that other organisations pay for it

An utter charlatan who's taken most people in. I reckon his time is up soon though.

Great plan "The Mosh" had:

- Allow our own generated cash to pay for a squad spurge which had loads giving him the credit for paying for
- Get a stadium scheme off the ground and cross your fingers that other organisations pay for it

An utter charlatan who's taken most people in. I reckon his time is up soon though.
From the fanbase who has allowed Kenwright to have control for over two decades? I doubt it.

We could be relegated and you’ll still have some on here claiming everything is fine.

From the fanbase who has allowed Kenwright to have control for over two decades? I doubt it.

We could be relegated and you’ll still have some on here claiming everything is fine.
Time up in terms of the tide turning mercilessly against him. Most have thought he's useful as long as the stadium is built...that's been his USP. If/when this BMD scheme goes west then he's a busted flush. He'll stay on for a while but he'll have lost the bulk of the fanbase.

Time up in terms of the tide turning mercilessly against him. Most have thought he's useful as long as the stadium is built...that's been his USP. If/when this BMD scheme goes west then he's a busted flush. He'll stay on for a while but he'll have lost the bulk of the fanbase.

Whilst I usually disagree with you in this thread, you are correct. IMO.

If this goes west, (I dont think it will), then yeah, thats it in all probability.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back