New Everton Stadium

I think if this goes west then that is the end , comparatively speaking, of any hopes of Everton regaining its status as a top club.
There are no white knights waiting in the wings , no viable alternatives.
Our decline will be set in stone , a second tier club with a proud history but no hope of competing among the elites.
Battling to maintain our presence in the top domestic league and counting each season we do as some sort of moral victory.
Meanwhile everyone else's attention will be increasingly held by those who regularly compete in the Champions league, and so will the money , even more so than now.
This has to succeed and I have to believe it still can , because without it there is.................well, nothing.

..I think it’s more about Council funding than locality. I wonder if Momentum would kick up the same opposition if it was LFC.

Now there is the $64.000 question, do not hang around for the answer. Momentum and other Corbyn supporters never give an answer but talk round it.

I think if this goes west then that is the end , comparatively speaking, of any hopes of Everton regaining its status as a top club.
There are no white knights waiting in the wings , no viable alternatives.
Our decline will be set in stone , a second tier club with a proud history but no hope of competing among the elites.
Battling to maintain our presence in the top domestic league and counting each season we do as some sort of moral victory.
Meanwhile everyone else's attention will be increasingly held by those who regularly compete in the Champions league, and so will the money , even more so than now.
This has to succeed and I have to believe it still can , because without it there is.................well, nothing.

Without wishing to mix metaphors Eggy, that analysis is over egging the cake.

If, and its a massive if imo, this current ownership dont drag this over the line, the reason he pitched up is still there. Well, here.

Its frustrating, its annoying, its actually quite frightening at times, but look up from the screen, look up from EFC even, and look at the actual real investment, (time and money) that is invested in this project. Then ask yourself why. Is it to buy that full back from Celtic? Is it to waste ££££ on joke managers?

No.

Its a big picture. I may well be wrong. But it sustains my belief.

Great plan "The Mosh" had:

- Allow our own generated cash to pay for a squad spurge which had loads giving him the credit for paying for
- Get a stadium scheme off the ground and cross your fingers that other organisations pay for it

An utter charlatan who's taken most people in. I reckon his time is up soon though.

Christ you don't half come out with some guff. Wonder what your agenda is in truth - to be as negative as possible?? tell us all on GOT when have you ever posted anything about the club that was positive??

Christ you don't half come out with some guff. Wonder what your agenda is in truth - to be as negative as possible?? tell us all on GOT when have you ever posted anything about the club that was positive??
My agenda? It's simple: to see Everton back on top of English football and winning another trophy in Europe. Hence my total opposition to the series of carpet baggers and fantasists drifting in and out of that Everton boardroom.

My agenda? It's simple: to see Everton back on top of Englsih football and winning another trophy in Europe. Hence my total opposition to the series of carpet baggers and fantasists drifting in and out of that Everton boardroom.

So when did you post anything positive about the club??? Plus which carpet baggers do you mean apart from the current owner? BK, Johnson?

My agenda? It's simple: to see Everton back on top of English football and winning another trophy in Europe. Hence my total opposition to the series of carpet baggers and fantasists drifting in and out of that Everton boardroom.
What's your take on Bill ? You want him gone

Yeah, I would like Football Santa to magic a team we paid nowt for, in a stadium we were given for free, to dominate as well.

Till then, I will accept that money men, and women, will hold the cards in this lunatic sport we all follow.

What's your take on Bill ? You want him gone
Bill's kept on as a flak-catcher. Completely powerless and probably waiting to be bought out fully. Moshiri wont get rid of him because he's always there for the lazy to point to and say "The Mosh needs to get shut of Bill and Jon Woods etc...he's being shackled".

I can understand and even occasionally sympathise with your position , but the hard truth is that there is no other game in town.
This is it, we succeed or we fail , one last chance one last turn of the cards, poo or bust.
We're in the Last Chance saloon , the dealer holds the cards and has a shark tooth grin , ante up! Here we go!

Yeah, I would like Football Santa to magic a team we paid nowt for, in a stadium we were given for free, to dominate as well.

Till then, I will accept that money men, and women, will hold the cards in this lunatic sport we all follow.
And they deserved to be critiqued whilst they're there wasting everyone's time.

Without wishing to mix metaphors Eggy, that analysis is over egging the cake.

If, and its a massive if imo, this current ownership dont drag this over the line, the reason he pitched up is still there. Well, here.

Its frustrating, its annoying, its actually quite frightening at times, but look up from the screen, look up from EFC even, and look at the actual real investment, (time and money) that is invested in this project. Then ask yourself why. Is it to buy that full back from Celtic? Is it to waste ££££ on joke managers?

No.

Its a big picture. I may well be wrong. But it sustains my belief.
Totally no place for a common sense post in this thread ... give your head a wobble

Bill's kept on as a flak-catcher. Completely powerless and probably waiting to be bought out fully. Moshiri wont get rid of him because he's always there for the lazy to point to and say "The Mosh needs to get shut of Bill and Jon Woods etc...he's being shackled".
Going to be an interesting few weeks till season starts .Hoping we hear something on stadium soon the silence is a bit worrying .Players wise hoping dead wood gone and quality signing .I still faith have in moshiri he is a money man and they don't like to lose money he won't want to fail .To fail means losing money to people like him.

Great plan "The Mosh" had:

- Allow our own generated cash to pay for a squad spurge which had loads giving him the credit for paying for
- Get a stadium scheme off the ground and cross your fingers that other organisations pay for it

An utter charlatan who's taken most people in. I reckon his time is up soon though.

Am I allowed call you a Kopite? I said the same thing and get called a Kopite the whole time for it.....

Mosh is a crook. He's no use to our club. Things will likely get worse before they get better.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back