New Everton Stadium

What a surprise, Blue Bill is still pulling the strings and we're seeing yet another stadium move embarrassingly crumble apart in front of our own eyes. They'll be ordering some fresh blue gravel soon and marketing it as an upgrade to Goodison. This cancerous showman needs to be gone asap.

Not hearing good news about our proposed new stadium, we’re struggling financially at the moment. But that’s not the only thing, a lot of jealous redshite have got involved behind the scenes and thrown spanner after spanner into it. I’ve heard if we don’t hear anything concrete by December 2018, then the stadium plans will fall through.
Come on Everton, sort it out and don’t disappoint us all again.

Mate with respect you are just going from thread to thread and chatting utter wham.

Turn it in please for Gods sake.

I’m against Joe Anderson because you can’t trust a word that comes out of his mouth, and he’s all for himself and nothing else. He has no support amongst his own party and is a paranoid mess acting a mini dictator in this city.

The problem with Anderson is he speaks without any knowledge. On one hand he’s negotiating a stadium with Kenwright and Moshiri and then goes to the Echo saying he doesn’t believe they’re running the club correct and wishes he could take over.

That’s separate to what’s he’s “let go” in the council, protecting his friends because what they may or may not have on him. If he would have got the MP position he wouldn’t have given a rats arse about the stadium because it’s all about the Joe show
Well, it's a view hut a jaundiced view I would suggest .
My view is that Joe Anderson wants the BMD project to happen. Whether you like him or not is interesting but not relevant..

Obviously nobody on here knows anything.
But the reason I still have hope all will work out re the stadium being built on BMD, is I can’t see any reason other than that for Moshiri buying into the Blues.

If this was a sham, or there was little effort or desire in the background to make this happen, then what is to be gained by that happening for him?

All that money invested to become part of Everon to then just hope the club remain on the peripherals of the bigger 6 as we tick along content not to go after the potential larger money commercial deals for all parts of the business of the club whilst staying unambiguous and outdated in a tarted up Goodison?

Don’t get the negativity, and the agenda of some demonising, the club, Moshiri, Meis, Joe A, etc all of who have made outward statements of intent and investments of their time that demonstrate this is not a con, or half measured attempt to make it happen.

They bought the land.
They surveyed the fans.
They went on PR offensive.
They sought partnerships with council.
Local infrastructure changes are taking place.
They are prepared to fix their mistakes, with manager and player recruitments.

Have people forgotten how much our hands were tied financially and how this impacted our ability to compete, being the paupers of the league.
A laughing stock.

How much has changed.
But let’s all pretend nothing has.
The thing that hasn’t is the forgetting of where this club should be, what needs to happen to get there, and how excited as a fan base we should be.
Our potential is massive.

Just patience and belief is needed.
Not much to ask.

They bought the land.
They surveyed the fans.
Couple of points:
1) they haven’t bought the land
2) they went on a PR drive and fan survey for Kirkby golf course, Kings Dock and Kirkby town centre
3) the infrastructure changes have been in the works for the last 7 years and are more to do with the opening of L2 at Seaforth, the roads couldn’t handle an increase of a potential 300% increase in container movement on the roads

Anderson is a legend and the only reason why we have a chance of BMD in the first place is down to him.

Imagine if we had a RS mayor absolutely zero chance we would have been given the opportunity that Joe has presented us with.

Blues on Twitter and the like that slate/insult him baffle me, they should be tossing the bloke off and playing with his plums for all the help he's given us.

Obviously nobody on here knows anything.
But the reason I still have hope all will work out re the stadium being built on BMD, is I can’t see any reason other than that for Moshiri buying into the Blues.

If this was a sham, or there was little effort or desire in the background to make this happen, then what is to be gained by that happening for him?

All that money invested to become part of Everon to then just hope the club remain on the peripherals of the bigger 6 as we tick along content not to go after the potential larger money commercial deals for all parts of the business of the club whilst staying unambiguous and outdated in a tarted up Goodison?

Don’t get the negativity, and the agenda of some demonising, the club, Moshiri, Meis, Joe A, etc all of who have made outward statements of intent and investments of their time that demonstrate this is not a con, or half measured attempt to make it happen.

They bought the land.
They surveyed the fans.

Have people forgotten how much our hands were tied financially and how this impacted our ability to compete, being the paupers of the league.
A laughing stock.

How much has changed.
But let’s all pretend nothing has.
The thing that hasn’t is the forgetting of where this club should be, what needs to happen to get there, and how excited as a fan base we should be.
Our potential is massive.

Just patience and belief is needed.
Not much to ask.

Well said mate.

Couple of points:
1) they haven’t bought the land
2) they went on a PR drive and fan survey for Kirkby golf course, Kings Dock and Kirkby town centre
3) the infrastructure changes have been in the works for the last 7 years and are more to do with the opening of L2 at Seaforth, the roads couldn’t handle an increase of a potential 300% increase in container movement on the roads

- so the photos of Moshiri, Bill, Joe and them on BMD was just a tourist trip then. Ok.
- There were surveys, so given the disdain for the previous attempts, what is there to gain by pulling the same stunt?
- perhaps, it’s also possible that these changes will also serves multiple purposes enabling whatever happens to the Peel Waters developments that would be kick started by a Stadium build.

I could also have added the CWG initiative, and UNESCO, as also both rather than being smoke and mirror exercises, pitfalls or inhibitors or things to blame, but opportunities, hurdles, and Institutions to be respected before potential plans can be hurried towards.

Again - why even refer to and acknowledge these because if this was so called DOA, these would have been perfect excuses.

I think the silence is not a negative.

- so the photos of Moshiri, Bill, Joe and them on BMD was just a tourist trip then. Ok.
- There were surveys, so given the disdain for the previous attempts, what is there to gain by pulling the same stunt?
- perhaps, it’s also possible that these changes will also serves multiple purposes enabling whatever happens to the Peel Waters developments that would be kick started by a Stadium build.

I could also have added the CWG initiative, and UNESCO, as also both rather than being smoke and mirror exercises, pitfalls or inhibitors or things to blame, but opportunities, hurdles, and Institutions to be respected before potential plans can be hurried towards.

Again - why even refer to and acknowledge these because if this was so called DOA, these would have been perfect excuses.

I think the silence is not a negative.

- they haven’t bought the land, they’ve exchanged contracts on the option to lease the land from Peel Holdings.
- why do it for Kirkby after 2 previous failed attempts.
- of course it will, it’s natural. But the majority of the works have been carried out towards the Sefton boundary to aid the flow of traffic from RSCT. CPO’s were issued on businesses about 4 years ago well before this was even considered. The only major roadworks directly near the site will be the road joining Leeds street, yet again this is not for the purpose of the stadium (no matter what joe says). The cruise terminal is moving and this to aid this.

UNESCO have been heavily involved with the entire Liverpool Waters development since its proposal due the WHS status.

All what you’ve mentioned, i.e. the wonderful work carried, was done of the proviso that the funding would be secured via LCC. The stance has now changed at least twice.

I think Moshiri wants the stadium more than anything, it’s his key to either shift us for a massive profit or bring in additional investment and lower the burden. However, from being very optimistic prior this being officially released by the club to now knowing the turmoil at LCC towers, let’s just say my optimism has dwindled

The stadium is key to Moshiri getting his money back, so I'd like to think he is jumping through hoops to get this sorted. I think I'm still in the "No news is good news" camp for now, if peel or the council start making the wrong noises then I'll start to get concerned. The fact we haven't appointed this " stadium director" or whatever it is is baffling though. I'm hoping, that just once, Everton can deliver something. If this goes south, we will never compete at the top level again, and that should be motivation enough for the powers that be.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back