New Everton Stadium

With the transfers fees escalating Levy has to be a worried man,i think they thought they could do what Arsenal did with the Emirates,by keeping a strong core of 18 or so players,not spending much and qualifying for the CL every year while paying off the stadium as Wenger magnificently did.

Now transfer fees are crazy,wages go up with the higher fees and football has gone to another level spending wise,Spurs also took out a 4 loans totalling 550 million pounds to be paid in 5 years time and top 4 is more intense than ever with far richer teams than Spurs wanting a spot the margin of error for a top 4 place is smaller than when Arsenal were paying their stadium off.Another note is they cannot get a naming rights partner for the new stadium,they originally wanted 25 million a year to now 13 million a year and still the ground has no sponsor.

Do we have any employees who have not been promoted.......

D1645F13-5E96-4511-9D0A-2110B4EDFDDF.webp

How can spurs get away with playing in 2 home stadiums in 1 season? Hardly fair on the other clubs. Musta been a serious brown envelope handed over somewhere

A bloke with 35 years experience in construction/stadiums, pitching up from Laings 2 years ago, as Head of Everton Estates, or whatever the "job" was?

Wasnt to oversee the cladding and disabled access for sure.

For whatever reason (Kenwrights vanity) we had a two year contractual wait. Things are changing fast now. It doesnt seem coincidence he sells around the two year anniversary and said fella gets involved.

The back story we just stumbled upon a ground expert, employed when Moshiri came and put into post shortly after Usmanov sold Arsenal is a far stranger one to believe.

If the planning taking long keeps us from doing whatever it is Spurs are currently doing then I'm all for it. I'd love to see something resembling a plan for the actual thing though

Reading that was like a little glimpse of GOT in 5 years, the fume is strong lol

Bloody hell if we had something you could physically touch that resembled an almost complete stadium I think we would be like 'yeah take another year to finish it if you have to, we are just happy it's real'. (Lots of crying with tears of joy faces...)

Seeing those posts from some of those Spurs supporters just remind me of entitled kids throwing a strop because daddy won't buy them an island. Make them support Everton for a year and then they'd have something to cry about.

Bloody hell if we had something you could physically touch that resembled an almost complete stadium I think we would be like 'yeah take another year to finish it if you have to, we are just happy it's real'. (Lots of crying with tears of joy faces...)

Seeing those posts from some of those Spurs supporters just remind me of entitled kids throwing a strop because daddy won't buy them an island. Make them support Everton for a year and then they'd have something to cry about.

Mate read this thread, Jan 2017 we were told we would be looking at Bramley Moore.

Spurs started their stadium plans in Nov 2007, so imagine what this thread would be like in 10 years if the stadium still wasnt open.

Mate read this thread, Jan 2017 we were told we would be looking at Bramley Moore.

Spurs started their stadium plans in Nov 2007, so imagine what this thread would be like in 10 years if the stadium still wasnt open.

I know, but this thread is just the latest in a long line going back to 1996 (Not that we had Everton boards back then but you know what I mean). So 10 years when you look at it is child's play. :)

The point is if the stadium was nearly finished like it is with them now I think we would be fairly relaxed about it. Levy just tried to be a bit too ambitious with the date it would be ready by and it has come back to bite him. I suppose it is different anyhow for us as we are not knocking down our existing stadium so if there is a delay like this for us later on down the road people will just embrace that we get to have 1/2/10/however many extra games at Goodison.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back