New Everton Stadium

With the transfers fees escalating Levy has to be a worried man,i think they thought they could do what Arsenal did with the Emirates,by keeping a strong core of 18 or so players,not spending much and qualifying for the CL every year while paying off the stadium as Wenger magnificently did.

Now transfer fees are crazy,wages go up with the higher fees and football has gone to another level spending wise,Spurs also took out a 4 loans totalling 550 million pounds to be paid in 5 years time and top 4 is more intense than ever with far richer teams than Spurs wanting a spot the margin of error for a top 4 place is smaller than when Arsenal were paying their stadium off.Another note is they cannot get a naming rights partner for the new stadium,they originally wanted 25 million a year to now 13 million a year and still the ground has no sponsor.
I know we have an iconic location on the waterfront, but that is a worry that spurs are struggling to attract a company to sponsor the stadium, will we have similar problems also?

Lifted from the SkyScraperCity forums, more conjecture no doubt....
https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1724078&page=284

"As is always the case in these matters; 'I heard from someone involved in Everton' that the delay is purely down to engineering and issues with the silt/bedrock/water table and coming up with a cost effective solution. My own experience of civil and structural engineers is that if something needs doing, then doing it thicker, deeper, stronger than it will ever need to be 'just in case' is often the way(and usually telling the architect that their solution is not enough) and therefore it is usually a lot more expensive. I would imagine that they are trying to get the costs down as much as possible - not a simple or quick task when building essentially in a river. Who is engineering this? This is where the likes of Arup earn their money as their solutions are usually elegant and match or even improve the architect's ambition."

Thats not the issue. The issue is funding. Once that's sorted out, full steam ahead.

I know we have an iconic location on the waterfront, but that is a worry that spurs are struggling to attract a company to sponsor the stadium, will we have similar problems also?
I think the reasoning is Spurs are just not a high profile club to attract a big international naming rights partner right now,West Ham also have the same issue with their stadium.

Interestingly Real Madrid had agreed a 10 year £350 million naming rights with Cespa a couple of years ago but that deal has been nixed as Cespa pulled out in June.

I think the reasoning is Spurs are just not a high profile club to attract a big international naming rights partner right now,West Ham also have the same issue with their stadium.

Interestingly Real Madrid had agreed a 10 year £350 million naming rights with Cespa a couple of years ago but that deal has been nixed as Cespa pulled out in June.
No one in the world was ever going to call it the Cespa stadium instead of the Bernabau.

_102847614_profits_fans_list1.webp

Thats not the issue. The issue is funding. Once that's sorted out, full steam ahead.
I would be happier it it was engineering problems that were providing any major hurdle. They can be solved.
Funding is a far more serious potential hurdle at this stage.
We cannot ignore the malign influence that the rapidly approaching Brexit is having on sterling at the moment.
With the downward descent of the pound the cost of a stadium must be rising monthly if not daily. It may well have already risen significantly since the £500m figure was widely mooted.
And it may get much, much worse.

The timescales seem odd to be fair mate. I am amazed at the lack of joining dots though. I am seeing links from newspapers like the Times who are running stories the Usmanov wants no involvement in Everton while in the same article saying he has met Everton managers like Sam Allardyce.

Nobody seems to question why? It seems such an obvious link. Journalists generally don't hesitate to make such links as it's a great story. If I'm honest it almost seems like some are being told to put out misinformation which is understandable.

As for the stadium, I'd say any appointment from two years ago that is now being finalised should not be viewed as coincidence.

A lot of the time there seems like it's just too much of a stretch to link AU to being behind it. However with everything thats going on, it would be a bigger stretch to say he wasn't really.
The one thing we can say for certain regarding Usmanov is that he tells nobody his plans
Journalists are fed what he wants them to be fed.
The whole Arsenal share shenanigans and the speed at which Moshiri bought Everton shares tells you journalists know zip about this pair.
Wether he comes openly or not to find Stadium we will have to wait and see
If Chong has the relevant experience and was available when Moshiri took over maybe he was hired at the time to make sure he was available when needed

I have! Many times.

Its just my own theory, based on a little knowledge, which can be a dangerous thing, granted. But every single small detail that gets announced just makes the whole thing more believable.

Like this Chonge bloke. Leaving a construction giant with 35 years experience, to be in charge of Everton Estates (What?) 2 years ago, and magically gets the Stadium gig 2 years later, a few weeks after some bloke sold a few football shares, who sponsors Everton, sort of, whose best mate owns us, sort of......A week after EFC moved most of their ops to the Liver Building.......

As ever, it could all be horlicks, and I might be guilty of twisting developments to suit my flight of fancy, or I and a few others might be on the right track, ish.
You forgot the wasteland that is the docks waiting to be developed

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back