New Everton Stadium

Maybe so.

You cant seriously give a green light on anything withoiut the numbers adding up though. That looks like fantasy.

Agreed, but doesn't that give credence to the fact that maybe we have several options and at the moment we are still trying to find the funds for option A but if we can't we will fall back to B/C or even heaven forbid option D. This is probably why we can't release any sort of finalised image yet as we don't know what one it will be.

The council money plus 2 Sigurdssons is enough to build a decent but fairly basic stadium. Doesn't take a massive leap to imagine we can save that amount over the course of a couple of years with perhaps the selling of say a Pickford if required on top. Financially I can't see them pulling the plug unless option D balloons to > £600M.

Agreed, but doesn't that give credence to the fact that maybe we have several options and at the moment we are still trying to find the funds for option A but if we can't we will fall back to B/C or even heaven forbid option D. This is probably why we can't release any sort of finalised image yet as we don't know what one it will be.

The council money plus 2 Sigurdssons is enough to build a decent but fairly basic stadium. Doesn't take a massive leap to imagine we can save that amount over the course of a couple of years with perhaps the selling of say a Pickford if required on top. Financially I can't see them pulling the plug unless option D balloons to > £600M.
Yeah. I wouldn't dispute that is at the heart of it. I've been saying that. However, personally I dont believe in these people. I dont rate them and I cant see them finding any solution other than to say "it's over".

I love recisiting this thread every now and then. I’ve now read that Mosh isn’t a billionaire - which you can literally prove as a chunk of his wealth is public. I also LOVE takes on corporate financing from individuals that have no idea how banks work. It’s quite incredible,

I love recisiting this thread every now and then. I’ve now read that Mosh isn’t a billionaire - which you can literally prove as a chunk of his wealth is public. I also LOVE takes on corporate financing from individuals that have no idea how banks work. It’s quite incredible,

And discussing a stadium build on a dock from reclaimed land like its as easy as a loft conversion.

Apparently we have a billionare and the clever people he appointed at the club to get this scheme off the ground.

It should be easy shouldn't it?
I'm not the first to say it wont be money out of our billionare's pocket.
But I have noticed the loan guarantored by the council seems to be less important since our billionare's best mate severed his ties with Arsenal.

"If he needs my support , I'm happy to help"

I'm not the first to say it wont be money out of our billionare's pocket.
But I have noticed the loan guarantored by the council seems to be less important since our billionare's best mate severed his ties with Arsenal.

"If he needs my support , I'm happy to help"
That's well wide of the mark, I'm afraid. There will be NO Usmanov involvement.

We are stuck with our hands out pan-handling for council cash....for half a billion. It's Fantasy Island stuff.

I feel sorry for the lads who get really excited over these stadium schemes only to be let down again and again after having put a hell of a lot of energy into it. The default position for any Everton supporter where stadiums are concerned should be to say "yeah, Ok, course we are". And then forget about it. The owners and officers of this club have pulled off way too many cruel deceits to hand them anything like the benefit of the doubt on BMD.

It wont happen. I'm pretty much 100% on this now....or I should say that it wont happen in the form it's up to this point been talked about.

We are stuck with our hands out pan-handling for council cash....for half a billion. It's Fantasy Island stuff.

I feel sorry for the lads who get really excited over these stadium schemes only to be let down again and again after having put a hell of a lot of energy into it. The default position for any Everton supporter where stadiums are concerned should be to say "yeah, Ok, course we are". And then forget about it. The owners and officers of this club have pulled off way too many cruel deceits to hand them anything like the benefit of the doubt on BMD.

It wont happen. I'm pretty much 100% on this now....or I should say that it wont happen in the form it's up to this point been talked about.
This is so wrong on so many counts Dave.

The big guy is knee deep in all this , but I figure you already know this.

I can understand your negitivay towards previous ground moves cos they failed under kenwright and co .but no one apart from the very inner circle of moshiri and usmonov really knows what's going to happened .lets just hope it happens and we get back to were the blue boys belong

They said they want to start the construction work in Summer 2019, you’re looking at 9 months until then now. Given the snail’s pace this project has gone at, there is just no way I can see that being possible.

There you go again, I’ll givr you the benefit of saying it’s your opinion only and you have no evidence to support that claim ?

The body of evidence so far suggests otherwise with the land purchases etc....

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back