New Everton Stadium

I've never claimed to be in the past apart from the info about Niasse not being a Martinez inspired signing.

As said: take it or leave it. But I'm 100% convinced now from what I hear that the funding is a wing and a prayer mission to get LCC to cover the costs.

I'm sure those lads who are right behind this stadium scheme on here like @Jacko93 will have heard similar.

Everton aren't desperate for the LCC loan at all and part of the delay is seemingly due to Everton being nervous over the LCC money and the political implications. Everton have other, more expensive, loan options but it's all about future security for the club.

Everton aren't desperate for the LCC loan at all and part of the delay is seemingly due to Everton being nervous over the LCC money and the political implications. Everton have other, more expensive, loan options but it's all about future security for the club.
All amounts to the same thing: roadblock on funding and no movement for this stadium scheme....after 18 months.

All amounts to the same thing: roadblock on funding and no movement for this stadium scheme....after 18 months.

Roadblock? Or the building of a ring road?

You seem to view the 'delay' as being the death of a funding stream, where as it could well be due to the birth of another.

Everton are nervous of the LCC funding, not reliant on it. JA is desperate for Everton to take it, as it helps the city during his term. It works for Everton and the city now but depending on what happens politically in the next 18 months 'could' make life very difficult for Everton and the project.

Roadblock? Or the building of a ring road?

You seem to view the 'delay' as being the death of a funding stream, where as it could well be due to the birth of another.

Everton are nervous of the LCC funding, not reliant on it. JA is desperate for Everton to take it, as it helps the city during his term. It works for Everton and the city now but depending on what happens politically in the next 18 months 'could' make life very difficult for Everton and the project.

I'm not declaring its death so much as recognising that the plan "as was" has changed a number of times and will - in all likelihood if it goes ahead - be considerably downsized.

As for funding: more expensive loan options than LCC is a massive gamble and a dangerous one.

So that's where we are after 18 months: take a council loan deal that's built on the quicksand of political decisions or take a loan deal that could saddle the club with unbearable repayment.

It's a good job we have the Mosh here with his billions and billionaire contacts, eh?

I'm not declaring its death so much as recognising that the plan "as was" has changed a number of times and will - in all likelihood if it goes ahead - be considerably downsized.

As for funding: more expensive loan options than LCC is a massive gamble and a dangerous one.

So that's where we are after 18 months: take a council loan deal that's built on the quicksand of political decisions or take a loan deal that could saddle the club with unbearable repayment.

It's a good job we have the Mosh here with his billions and billionaire contacts, eh?

Where does more expensive become 'unbearable'?

Also, you seem to assume that there has been a lot of changes in funding arrangements. Maybe there used to be 5, then 4, then 3 and so on, but we only hear of the one that is shouted about. That happens to be by JA. Is there any coincidence that we hear more from him than the club? JA has one deal to shout loudly about, to any the praises of. Everton aren't going to do the same if they have numerous offers/opportunities.

Where does more expensive become 'unbearable'?

Also, you seem to assume that there has been a lot of changes in funding arrangements. Maybe there used to be 5, then 4, then 3 and so on, but we only hear of the one that is shouted about. That happens to be by JA. Is there any coincidence that we hear more from him than the club? JA has one deal to shout loudly about, to any the praises of. Everton aren't going to do the same if they have numerous offers/opportunities.

I think the council offer is dead in the water myself. We do the deal with them for 300 million and LCC have all the security if it goes all wrong.

No bank is going to make up the shortfall with no security.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back