New Everton Stadium

The only way safe standing could increase the capacity is if a ratio greater than 1:1 is allowed... and all the current thinking of safety people, government and the police is only to allow 1:1.
Unless there is a humongous change in thinking, safe standing will never see any increase in capacities anywhere.
The section we were in at Bremen was set up for safe standing. Each row of seats had two steps for standing which probably allows for a greater number if standing fans. Felt pretty cramped with someone stood in front of you. I don't think there's the same set up at Celtic.

Be peak Everton to build a state of the art ground on the riverbank and then watch the polar icecaps melt that same year.
Does anyone think building the ground so near the river with the water levels due to rise quicker than the previous forcasts is a threat to the new stadium getting built I think the club will really have to think about the problem seriously
Dan Meiss talks about this on toffee tv, worth a watch.

Dan Meiss talks about this on toffee tv, worth a watch.
Toffee tv.
Worth a watch...
shaq.gif

Anybody here who works in the vicinity to BMD ( theres plenty of businesses down there) who can confirm what its like down there on a daily basis?

I'm not there every day but cycle that way twice a week normaly, Canada Dock smells far worse than the water treatment plant, that dock smells horrible every day, not sure what there bringing in/taking out there.

BMD is generally fine most days, you can get the odd days where smell from the plant drift over but I'd say there definitely on a smaller scale now I'm in the area quite regularly, I went to Circus all day there on Saturday no smell at all just like any other part of the city.

I'm not there every day but cycle that way twice a week normaly, Canada Dock smells far worse than the water treatment plant, that dock smells horrible every day, not sure what there bringing in/taking out there.

BMD is generally fine most days, you can get the odd days where smell from the plant drift over but I'd say there definitely on a smaller scale now I'm in the area quite regularly, I went to Circus all day there on Saturday no smell at all just like any other part of the city.
Thanks. Much appreciated.

Does anyone think building the ground so near the river with the water levels due to rise quicker than the previous forcasts is a threat to the new stadium getting built I think the club will really have to think about the problem seriously
I think it will be fine for the next 100 years or so, by which time we will be ready to relocate to a brand new stadium at Goodison Park :)

I was down there the other day and I think they have started trying to empty the dock.

I managed to get some video. Apologies if the quality isn't too good.

giphy.gif

;)

Haha, why do I do it to myself, the first part of that post my heart leapt, some progress at last.....then I scrolled down and saw the gif...... Bravo sir and I hope Goat didn't get too wet !

Nearly half the teams in the prem use cashless payments in the stands now.

I'm expecting Goodison will adopt this for next season (I actually thought it would have been included in the multi million pound upgrades this summer)

Will speed things up a bit at the kiosks.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back