New Everton Stadium

They have allocated 100m+ for foundations because they don't know how much it is going to cost. It could well be double that.
Then you will have UNESCO and world heritage that can drag us through the courts and delay it further.

If the cost escalates too much they have to pull the plug, simple as that. 500m for 52k is too much as it is.
People keep on saying naming rights that's not easy to come buy, just ask spurs.

UNESCO cant do a thing. Literally the only card they can play is taking away the WHS after the event.

We had this in Ghent when the city erected an enormous free standing (for want of a better word) shed in the middle of the UNESCO site for free concerts and the like. UNESCO told the city if they didn't remove it they'd take the World Heritage Status away. The city told them to go right ahead. Six years later, it's still there and so is the WHS.

You can see it on the photo in the link below

Last edited:
They have allocated 100m+ for foundations because they don't know how much it is going to cost. It could well be double that.
Then you will have UNESCO and world heritage that can drag us through the courts and delay it further.

If the cost escalates too much they have to pull the plug, simple as that. 500m for 52k is too much as it is.
People keep on saying naming rights that's not easy to come buy, just ask spurs.

Spurs are biding their time with regards to the naming rights. Want to make sure they get the right deal they want.

I'm not up on law mate, but how could they drag us through the courts? they don't have any jurisdiction over us.

In all seriousness, they have found lots and lots of issues with the build and its costing them a small fortune to put it right.

What like?

I believe the design of the stand was relying on the Anfield Road expansion as currently you literally have steel girders across sections of seats.

Exclusive to GOT this, straight from the main men themselves. Can't say how they've come my way, but I assure you this is a very worrying situation we are in!

egsmrpb.png

W4rEpMV.png

I never thought it possible but you become more tedious by the day. Some achievement considering the level of tedium you began with. Well done.

The foundation's of a building are often the most costly part of a project. Once you get out of the ground it's all good.

I highly doubt there would be major problems though. Feasibility studies and geotech reports and engineering would have been done before the site/project would have been given the go ahead anyway ( for piece of mind and insurance purposes)

I'm more worried brexit happening, the pound slumping and steel prices going up will have much bigger effects than complications with the ground.

It sort of makes me wonder if they have put off the project this long because of it (just to see how brexit effects the economy).

Doubt they will build a stadium when there is a shortage of fans with jobs and a lack of pies

Could be in line with PP to go in after new year - see how political and economical factors are are we finally leave.

Spurs are biding their time with regards to the naming rights. Want to make sure they get the right deal they want.
They asking for a 50 million a year deal that dropped to 10 and still can't find anyone willing, which is shocking when they have NFL games there and PL football there.

Spurs just do not have have the clout, history or fanbase to attract a naming sponsor, same thing why West Ham are struggling getting naming rights.

They asking for a 50 million a year deal that dropped to 10 and still can't find anyone willing, which is shocking when they have NFL games there and PL football there.

Spurs just do not have have the clout, history or fanbase to attract a naming sponsor, same thing why West Ham are struggling getting naming rights.

They have had offers, but want a long term deal. Probably waited for the first NFL game to be played to drum up interest stateside.

The geology of Merseyside in northwest England largely consists of a faulted sequence of Carboniferous Coal Measures rocks overlain in the west by younger Triassic and Permian age sandstones and mudstones. Glaciation during the present Quaternary Period has left widespread glacial till as well as erosional landforms. Other post-glacial superficial deposits such as river and estuarine alluvium, peat and blown sand are abundant.

Carboniferous

Carboniferous rocks underlie all of Merseyside but are only exposed to the east of the north-south Boundary Fault. The sequence encountered locally comprises (in descending order, youngest at top)
The oldest rocks to appear at or near the surface within the county are from the Namurian Epoch. These are alternate units of sandstone ('flags' and 'grits') and mudstone with occasional coal seams (known locally as 'mines') forming a part of the Millstone Grit Group. They are brought to the surface on the eastern side of the Upholland Fault and dip eastwards beneath Billinge Hill. The full Namurian sequence hereabouts is:
  • Gastrioceras subcrenatummarine band
    • mudstone
  • Six Inch Mine (coal seam)
    • mudstone
  • Sand Rock Mine (coal seam)
    • mudstone
  • Rough Rock
    • mudstone
  • Upper Haslingden Flags
    • mudstone
  • Lower Haslingden Flags
    • mudstone
  • Holcombe Brook Mine (coal seam)
    • mudstone
  • Holcombe Brook Grit
    • mudstone
  • Brooksbottom Grit
    • mudstone
Overlying the Millstone Grit sequence is the thick Westphalian sequence of sandstones, mudstones and coal seams collectively referred to as the Pennine Coal Measures Group and which forms the Lancashire Coalfield, the western part of which extends into Merseyside....

Hope that helps :coffee:
Not one jot or tittle

Surely it depends how overweight the 50,000 are. Maybe there needs to be an Everton diet. Starting with salads instead of pies? Given time, we could hit that magic 618 78 skinny fans squeezed into a 50,000 seat stadium.

50,000 at average 90kg is 4,450 metric tonnes. No idea how much the stadium itself would weigh.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back