New Everton Stadium

The ground at Bramley Moore will be more steady that that at Wellington, if there is any difference at all. The tunnels were bored through the most solid parts of the Mersey Estuary available, for obvious reasons and, BM is closer to it.
Solid Sherwood Sandstone 20 miles wide.
Sink the piling, fill with concrete, repeat as many times as required. Instead of a mile long thin rectangle over water like a bridge, think a nearly square rectangle over filled in dock basin
The engineering to do it is not hard - the money to pay for it will be the question.

A bit off piste but the Mersey Tunnel was the first one where they used silicone injection as an attempt to stem the water seepage from the rocks .I believe it still" weeps " but that is pumped away from the lower section of the tunnel .

So does that mean we need a bigger shovel?

Always wanted to know what they are?

Guessing its to pully up stuff from the mines?

It's quite impressive like.

Takraf Bagger 293 Bucket-Wheel Excavator

This bucket-wheel excavator, the Guinness World Record-holder for the largest land vehicle, cuts an intimidating figure at 310 feet tall and 722 feet long. Stationed in the Hambach strip mine in western Germany's Rhineland, Bagger 293 digs for lignite, a low-grade coal used in steam electric power plants. The Bagger's 71-foot-diameter wheel spins its 18 1,452-gallon buckets, scooping up earth that it dumps onto a conveyor belt built into its boom arm. Every day the Bagger moves up to 8.48m cubic feet of material, enough to fill 96 Olympic-sized swimming pools.

This bucket-wheel excavator, the Guinness World Record-holder for the largest land vehicle, cuts an intimidating figure at 310 feet tall and 722 feet long. Stationed in the Hambach strip mine in western Germany's Rhineland, Bagger 293 digs for lignite, a low-grade coal used in steam electric power plants. The Bagger's 71-foot-diameter wheel spins its 18 1,452-gallon buckets, scooping up earth that it dumps onto a conveyor belt built into its boom arm. Every day the Bagger moves up to 8.48m cubic feet of material, enough to fill 96 Olympic-sized swimming pools.
I love it when stuff is described in 'Olympic sized swimming pools'..

No mate. They are huge shovels which rotate round and dig up, coal I believe

Thanks Frang.

Thanks Takraf.

--------------

Do we need one to dig BMD?

For anyone interested. Have a look at this. The Early Construction PDF gives an insight into silt removal, filling a dock in and foundations. Worked on the site during on and off over the last 25 years so having seen the process happen I find it interesting.
Not sure it mentions it, but one of the first tasks was sonar scanning for unexploded WWII bombs.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back