New Everton Stadium

steve-mcclareb-1.jpg

lol lol lol

Meis still mentions Everton in his twitter profile, i'd imagine that would go too if he was off the project or it was dead in the water. He could put this speculation to bed very quickly by a short, single tweet putting our minds at ease.

However, for me his design is very impressive (though the capacity is disappointing at only 52,000). What would people think if he'd been told to radically cut costs and the only way we would ever move to a site like BM is with a lousy Kirkby-shed style 50,000 box? I'd prefer us to stay at Goodison myself.

Meis still mentions Everton in his twitter profile, i'd imagine that would go too if he was off the project or it was dead in the water. He could put this speculation to bed very quickly by a short, single tweet putting our minds at ease.

However, for me his design is very impressive (though the capacity is disappointing at only 52,000). What would people think if he'd been told to radically cut costs and the only way we would ever move to a site like BM is with a lousy Kirkby-shed style 50,000 box? I'd prefer us to stay at Goodison myself.
Planning has been submitted, public consultations have been carried out.

It's too late to 'radically change' the design.

Planning has been submitted, public consultations have been carried out.

It's too late to 'radically change' the design.

It really is not too late. Once approved it can be ammended even radically but it would have to go before the council again for further approval before proceeding. It would cause further delays but it's not too late.

It really is not too late. Once approved it can be ammended even radically but it would have to go before the council again for further approval before proceeding. It would cause further delays but it's not too late.
You're quite correct, but it makes a mockery of the whole reveal and consultation process.

My feeling is that the offending tweet is nothing to do with Everton, and this has been a waste of several pages.

dont usually agree with davek but i do here.
something has clearly upset him and he knows he ll get a response/sympathy from bed wetting evertonians.
its very unprofessional whatever it is and he knows what hes doing dragging everton into it!

First time I've posted on the matter. It was brought up by others and talked about for days by them...the same people complaining now, no doubt.

Meis needs to speak up and clarify.

End of story.

Why does he need to explain anything to us? He’s free to say what he wants.

Why does he need to explain anything to us? He’s free to say what he wants.
He enjoys the limelight and basks in the reflection of being Everton stadium designer. Then he's nowhere to be seen when he knows Everton fans are concerned about his last tweet.

He has a responsibility to this club's fan base when he's stoked it up intentionally so often.

He enjoys the limelight and basks in the reflection of being Everton stadium designer. Then he's nowhere to be seen when he knows Everton fans are concerned about his last tweet.

He has a responsibility to this club's fan base when he's stoked it up intentionally so often.
Yeah ...need an explanation

Tweet him Dave...let us know.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back