New Everton Stadium

Fingers crossed. It still is troubling why he hasn't replied back to the Everton fans though so could easily swing both ways. However the work has been done and if we have upset him in the end what difference does it make. If they try to massively alter the design using another architect the fans will let the board know what they think of that...
TBF, I;ve never thought his design was great. It looks good for some angles, horrendous from others.

The location is what will make the stadium in the end. Meis's designs can be bettered.

How can they do that when the current proposal is in for planning permission?
Pretty sure Liverpool's Stanley Park stadium design was altered after they got the go ahead from LCC.

Stand to be corrected on that.

EDIT: they did: PP granted in 2006...Hicks and Gillete re-designed in 2007.

Same difference. It can still be redesigned at that stage and not face the need for another PA.

LCC will be judging the feasability of a stadium, not particularly any design of it.
I like how you've become a Master Architect and expert on all things planning in the last couple of months. Sterling work David, where would we be without you?

Would be an odd strategy to alter it whilst you're still waiting on permission from the first submission without withdrawing it, however.
Alternatively, the council might be advising for amendments that Meis doesn't like in order to get it through. Not so much on shape and materials, but maybe height or positioning.

Initially I liked Meis' enthusiasm for the club, our history and the whole idea of the new stadium.

But I think someone in a professional role and in his position really shouldn't be so loose on social media, or at the very least should separate their personal and business identities if they must use it.

There is something very off-putting about people being self-indulgent on Twitter and the likes. It certainly isn't appealing if you're looking to establish and maintain business relationships, and I'd go as far to see it as a red flag in a business context.

Who knows what is going on if anything, but he must know the implications of being deliberately vague when some people are hanging on his every word. He must know that.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back