New Everton Stadium

Because of the events from Friday are very much in people's minds I'm getting a bit twitchy of any local government activity because many people (Kopites) will see any perceived favourable towards us as antagonistic.
They will be involving themselves in local politics simply to derail the smooth process of the planning application.

I'd be more worried over whether we have a good insurance policy with it, during and after the build....especially for small fires.

I'd be more worried over whether we have a good insurance policy with it, during and after the build....especially for small fires.
Pre Covid issue, the only fly in the ointment for the project was Brexit and its aftermath. Since then it seems every obstacle has been put in it's way.
I have confidence that the project will see light of day, failure to do for whatever reason doesn't bear thinking about.

I don't think the government has to approve anything, that's for the council to do. The government will call a project like this in for review if there are major concerns over it, but that's something this government is doing less often.

Nothing much has changed as far as I can see. The ball is still in the council's court as it was back in January. A planning meeting date is what we're waiting for.

I wont hold my breathe on that.

I think its near enough guaranteed myself like - just frustrating how slowly its moving considering the obvious benefits.

The longer they take the longer it holds the club back and the local economy ultimately - just get it kin granted!
They’ll be reviewing endless environmental reports about great crested newts, checking sight lines from Llandudno, and wading through public feedback from endless nutters that have to be taken into account.

Some of our ward councillors are the worst. They object to everything.

And they've just passed this monstrosity; a zipwire over St Johns Gardens and onto the library. A shocking addition to a WHS.

EbwLlcOWAAAEw9k

I've heard there has been a short delay to the planning application. Everton have modified it slightly so that chaff can be regularly fired from the roof to try and disorentate any fireworks that RS fans will fire at the ground. It will interfere with the firework and return it to sender. Steve Rotherham has objected but it should get still get through planning

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back