New Everton Stadium

It'll be next month

There is absolutely zero chance of us not getting planning permission. We'll get tens of millions in central government developmental grants plus anything the council can chuck our way.

I think its near enough guaranteed myself like - just frustrating how slowly its moving considering the obvious benefits.

The longer they take the longer it holds the club back and the local economy ultimately - just get it kin granted!

I think its near enough guaranteed myself like - just frustrating how slowly its moving considering the obvious benefits.

The longer they take the longer it holds the club back and the local economy ultimately - just get it kin granted!

didn’t see the article but saw on Twitter that o’keefe wrote in the athletic that decision due in July. Hopefully our long wait will soon be over.

Waking up this morning to news that Boris making major speech this week on making construction and infrastructure projects the focal point on getting the recovery under way for the economy.
Cue projects like BMD not facing too many obstacles?

The bodes well for this not being 'called in' by the Government now, this should sail through planning. They need big distractions away from the Government's incompetence.

Right mow if this went any where near the government it would disappear for years.
Cant agree , Boris and his cohorts are looking for anything ( especially economy wise) to deflect from the complete shambles of the way this epidemic is being handled.
They will be pushing the green buttons everywhere to give it the go ahead.

Tories don't care whatsoever about what happens in this city, don't for a minute assume they'd waive this through as some part of recovery plan. They cannot be trusted.

The other factor is that this present lot is devoid of any competency whatsoever. They are a barely functioning government.

Tories don't care whatsoever about what happens in this city, don't for a minute assume they'd waive this through as some part of recovery plan. They cannot be trusted.

The other factor is that this present lot is devoid of any competency whatsoever. They are a barely functioning government.

After what happened at the Pierhead can you blame them if true.

don't for a minute assume they'd waive this through as some part of recovery plan

I don't think the government has to approve anything, that's for the council to do. The government will call a project like this in for review if there are major concerns over it, but that's something this government is doing less often.

Nothing much has changed as far as I can see. The ball is still in the council's court as it was back in January. A planning meeting date is what we're waiting for.

There's no way this would get called in imo, there's nothing remotely controversial about it (despite what people said about the Unesco WHS element) and it will drive investment into the area - exactly the sort of thing this Govt says* it wants to do.

*not that I'd trust a word from them but in this case it seems a no-brainer, even for them

I don't think the government has to approve anything, that's for the council to do. The government will call a project like this in for review if there are major concerns over it, but that's something this government is doing less often.

Nothing much has changed as far as I can see. The ball is still in the council's court as it was back in January. A planning meeting date is what we're waiting for.

I don't know enough to be honest about whether it will get called in or not. I was replying to the post wondering what would happen if it was.

A substantial project, in an area of the City which will all be redeveloped in the next decade anyway, with practically no serious objectors with worthwhile points to make.

This project is also the one to possibly kickstart the whole project that is being proposed which will mean billions of pounds invested and thousands of jobs created for the next decade.

Because of the events from Friday are very much in people's minds I'm getting a bit twitchy of any local government activity because many people (Kopites) will see any perceived favourable towards us as antagonistic.
They will be involving themselves in local politics simply to derail the smooth process of the planning application.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back