New Everton Stadium

the historical society, wont derail & it will get the green light. There is too big an appitiete to drive jobs & investment.

Bigger question is; when will the club give the green light to start a build in the middle of or post covid landscape

Are you claiming that the chances of this being called in are nil?

Just for clarity?

giphy.gif

I think I read a while ago that UNESCO made Liverpool Waters lower the height of the proposed skyscrapers they were going to build.

Liverpool City Council should be handing the WHS back. Literally nobody from the city cares about it.

WHS; We like this, we think its sound and should be preserved.

So it sits and rots

As they haven't and never will put in 1 brass wazoo.
Take your plaque back and stick it were the sun don't shine.

Heard all this with the Kirkby plan: a Labour Government (in bed with Terry Leahy's Tesco) wont stand in the way of one of its bedrock constituencies, in a region of Labour voters more generally, regenerating an area of Merseyside desperate for investment.

Didn't quite work out that way.

Dont underestimate the number of opponents to this dock stadium, in the city and outside of it.
But back then though the opposition was on the EFC side of the fence AND the other side of the fence, not to mention the 1000 bike parks stupidity and the like.

Opposition seems to be assorted Jeff of W Derby rs, WHS, UNESCO.
Vs
The Govt...post covid stimulus build, build, build.
LCC (?)
The Club and 99% of fans
Peel.

Dave, serious question, have you chosen what cave you are going to climb into when the stadium gets the all clear?

I don't understand the hate the Dave gets sometimes.

He's as blue as they come and clearly only wants good things for the club.

But he's not blind.

There seems to be an attitude on here sometimes that showing anything less than blind enthusiasm for certain things is deemed acceptable.
It's not like he wants the stadium to fail but he suspects it might. He worries about it.

For me he's been right about plenty of stuff so far including Moshiri and Brands (a couple who seem to be Teflon to some) and he's still right about the stadium in terms of people were boldy saying we would have been playing in it by 2020 a couple of years ago.

Anyway I'll climb out of his arse now. Sorry.

(I think the stadium will now go ahead, I've been convinced although I suspect there will be delays.)

But back then though the opposition was on the EFC side of the fence AND the other side of the fence, not to mention the 1000 bike parks stupidity and the like.

Opposition seems to be assorted Jeff of W Derby rs, WHS, UNESCO.
Vs
The Govt...post covid stimulus build, build, build.
LCC (?)
The Club and 99% of fans
Peel.

Add in local business leaders and tbf - a minority of level headed RS are happy for it to go through in terms of the renovation to the area.

Also, I see nothing in the local news about historc England calling the stadium plans in - are we getting upset prematurely here? Is it a wind up?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back