New Everton Stadium

This is so high up in English Heritage's pantheon of national beauties that it gets no mention on their website, a website that lists an ancient 'house' that is now a muddy mound somewhere in the midlands. It's self important static that will be swatted aside once the big hitters with big chequebooks start talking big boys talk.
English Heritage and Historic England are two separate entities, which is why it’s not mentioned on the EH site (it is mentioned on the HE site).

It’s not the stately homes and castles crew that want to stop us filling in a dock.

I think they used to be the same thing, but not now.

*MHCLG , but I don't think that's right.

It is MHCLG, he is responsible for planning decisions called in as it is a communities and local government issue. The fact that it is a football stadium does not make it a DCMS issue the same way if it was for example a bank being proposed it would not become a Treasury issue.

From Gov.uk:

Called-in applications
The Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government has the power to take over (‘call in’) planning applications rather than letting the local authority decide. The secretary of state will normally only do this if the application conflicts with national policy in important ways, or is nationally significant.

I mean, it’s not like other docks have been filled in down there is it.

Largest development in the north west being shelved because heritage have piped up

yeah, don’t think so
You've gone from saying that there's no chance of this being called in because the north docks are part of an enterprsie zone to now arguing it wont be shelved.

Goalposts are desperately being shifted to accommodate the new reality.

It is MHCLG, he is responsible for planning decisions called in as it is a communities and local government issue. The fact that it is a football stadium does not make it a DCMS issue the same way if it was for example a bank being proposed it would not become a Treasury issue.

From Gov.uk:

Called-in applications
The Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government has the power to take over (‘call in’) planning applications rather than letting the local authority decide. The secretary of state will normally only do this if the application conflicts with national policy in important ways, or is nationally significant.

Ah fair enough! I have to say I thought it would come in under a cultural issue.

So James Brokenshire then. Even more likely to succeed.

Guys - other cities would kill for this opportunity at any time, especially with whats ahead economically. To the extent there is a risk to this project, it is related to the financing of it and not the political will for it to happen. One assumes the local authorities are discretely all for this in background (a lot of development levies, rates etc in the hopper here too). So many vested interests need this to happen.

Ah fair enough! I have to say I thought it would come in under a cultural issue.

So James Brokenshire then. Even more likely to succeed.
The government rejecting this is very unlikely.

‘Build, build, build’ hardly think they’re going to say ‘Oh, but not on a dock wasteland that the public can’t access!’
Guys - other cities would kill for this opportunity at any time, especially with whats ahead economically. To the extent there is a risk to this project, it is related to the financing of it and not the political will for it to happen. One assumes the local authorities are discretely all for this in background (a lot of development levies, rates etc in the hopper here too). So many vested interests need this to happen.
Heard all this with the Kirkby plan: a Labour Government (in bed with Terry Leahy's Tesco) wont stand in the way of one of its bedrock constituencies, in a region of Labour voters more generally, regenerating an area of Merseyside desperate for investment.

Didn't quite work out that way.

Dont underestimate the number of opponents to this dock stadium, in the city and outside of it.

Heard all this with the Kirkby plan: a Labour Government (in bed with Terry Leahy's Tesco) wont stand in the way of one of its bedrock constituencies, in a region of Labour voters more generally, regenerating an area of Merseyside desperate for investment.

Didn't quite work out that way.

Dont underestimate the number of opponents to this dock stadium, in the city and outside of it.
There was MUCH less support for the Kirkby stadium than there is for this one, not least from our own supporters. The two projects are incomparable.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back