New Everton Stadium

I really hope you are right, the younger Everton fans deserve a new ground to be proud of.

As do the older fans...............ageism!
I have been going since the late 70s, used to be every match on 'the step' before moving initially to upper Gwladys but eventually to Top Balcony (nowhere like it for view).

Moved overseas over 20 years ago but still manage to get to 6/7 homes a season. I love Goodison, but I CANNOT WAIT to get into a modern stadium down on the waterfront.

Honestly, even if Goodison could be redeveloped BM trumps it on location alone. The fact we have the legacy plans ready to go once we move out means the club is always going to have a foothold in Walton anyway.

The only matchday thing I'll miss is The Black Horse Garden, but late morning beers in Rigbys and a stroll down Regent Road will be amazing.

I have been going since the late 70s, used to be every match on 'the step' before moving initially to upper Gwladys but eventually to Top Balcony (nowhere like it for view).

Moved overseas over 20 years ago but still manage to get to 6/7 homes a season. I love Goodison, but I CANNOT WAIT to get into a modern stadium down on the waterfront.

Honestly, even if Goodison could be redeveloped BM trumps it on location alone. The fact we have the legacy plans ready to go once we move out means the club is always going to have a foothold in Walton anyway.

The only matchday thing I'll miss is The Black Horse Garden, but late morning beers in Rigbys and a stroll down Regent Road will be amazing.
I started going in 1970, what a team, just want my son and his mates see a winning team, especially in a new stadium.

For anyone who has not yet checked it out, I'd recommend Iron Men on prime. It's about the last few games at Upton park. It really made me think about the ground move and how difficult those last few games will be
i was welling up watching that, god knows what im going to be like at the last game at GP!

Attachments

• 6DF72F0E-BB24-4C50-9F03-0A12BF77D004.webp
    6DF72F0E-BB24-4C50-9F03-0A12BF77D004.webp
    2.3 MB · Views: 100
Cumbria coal mine called in by Jenrick.

"The local government secretary, Robert Jenrick, had previously refused to intervene but on Thursday night he said he would take responsibility for the scheme away from the local authority....Jenrick “considers that this application raises planning issues of more than local importance”.

"The local government secretary, Robert Jenrick, had previously refused to intervene but on Thursday night he said he would take responsibility for the scheme away from the local authority."
There was huge opposition to this on environmental grounds from local residents right through to environmental lobby groups...,..we do not have anywhere near the level of opposition or controversy as the Cumbria coal mine.

we are building a football stadium and redeveloping a derelict part of a city and not digging a deep coal pit

two don’t really compare

There was huge opposition to this on environmental grounds from local residents right through to environmental lobby groups...,..we do not have anywhere near the level of opposition or controversy as the Cumbria coal mine
The principle of granting a public inquiry due to it being deemed an issue beyond the local is relevant, given the WHS of the site.

Also, it shows what a flip flopper Jenrick is.

"The local government secretary, Robert Jenrick, had previously refused to intervene but on Thursday night he said he would take responsibility for the scheme away from the local authority....Jenrick “considers that this application raises planning issues of more than local importance”.

Coal mine
Football stadium
Coal mine
Football stadium
Coal mine
Football stadium

Erm........

The principle of granting a public inquiry due to it being deemed an issue beyond the local is relevant, given the WHS of the site.

Also, it shows what a flip flopper Jenrick is.

still don’t think they compare

there are huge concerns digging a deep coal mine and lots of residents didn’t want it.

with us it’s the complete opposite and unless we see huge opposition to BMD (which we don’t) I would be absolutely amazed if it is called in

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back