New Everton Stadium

The govt doesn't like our council. And the Joe Anderson stuff can't have helped. Don't rule it out being called in purely for that reason.
Given Boris' government track record, if they sniff corruption they'll call it in to see what they can get out of it. As ever in the uk you can do whatever you like so long as you're prepared to pay enough to the right people for permission.

was it a run in with the council or big joe
Both I think.

Going back to last April it was Jenrick who turned down the councils application for landlord licensing.

Since Joe’s alleged indiscretions it is also Jenrick that instigated a special investigation into LCC affairs (this is still ongoing afaik).

So he deffo has the hump with the council.

Both I think.

Going back to last April it was Jenrick who turned down the councils application for landlord licensing.

Since Joe’s alleged indiscretions it is also Jenrick that instigated a special investigation into LCC affairs (this is still ongoing afaik).

So he deffo has the hump with the council.
Surely we still have contact with some of Phil Carter's friends or family. Im sure they could put in a good word.

Bottom line is that any delay will not be beneficial to our hopes of being ready in three years. Momentum has been lost now, pretty much like the team itself.
All things considered, everything seemed pretty much ready to go, but now I'm not so sure.

Is this naming rights deal old news? Just seen it on newsnow....
Obvs know about £30m to be first dibs but don’t recall seeing anything this bold about the actual value....
Edit old click bait from Newsnow:(

Last edited:

I have no doubt Usmanov will be involved in Stadium naming rights but I think 20m a year is a very low figure
I would have thought twice that will be the ballpark
Doubt it. We didn’t manage to get much of an increase in our Sportspesa deal from Cazoo. If Usmanov wanted to throw over the odds money at us why didn’t he sponsor the shirt? I think it’s more likely the option money was a one off to help cash flow, while the stadium sponsorship deal will be more reflective of market value.

I have no doubt Usmanov will be involved in Stadium naming rights but I think 20m a year is a very low figure
I would have thought twice that will be the ballpark
Not a chance. Unless we have a miraculous change of profile before moving 20m is the upper limit of what we can hope for.

Spurs, Champions league regulars (until Jose arrived), based in London and a host venue for NFL games still can't secure a sponsor.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back