New Everton Stadium

In my opinion, the value for stadium naming rights aren't there on certain stadiums. Why pay a fortune to a club, one that would be criticised by its fan base for doing so, when everybody will just call it by its actual name anyway. Do you call St James Park the Sports Direct Arena?

I have no doubt they have been approached, but Old Trafford, Anfield etc, a huge part of their current income is based around the name of their ground. Old Trafford is worth more to them than any feasible income from being called Chevrolet Park, or Liverpool's Anfield being called the Nivea Face Cream ground.

As at Everton, Goodison Park is part of our identity, it is part of who we are. BMD hasn't yet had the opportunity to be that, which is why, imo, the value potential of naming is so high. If you get in and secure it for 10/20 years at a huge cost, there is a real chance that the name becomes synonymous with the club and your brand name is mentioned socially when your aren't even paying for it any more. That 10/20 year cost is all of a sudden spread out for 30/40 years value. That is something difficult to remove with a simple new name. Similar to the well known story of Hoover and vacuums. Vax/Shark/Dyson don't build Hoovers, Hoover do.
I call it the sports direct arena. But I live in the North east and it winds them up no end.

Hard to say. Trying to think logically you would have to say it’s not the best news for the stadium project. But no reason to panic.

Thinking logically, I’d say it’s impossible for central gov to rubber stamp a council planning decision, while at the same time saying that council is so inept and corrupt that they need to step in and take it over.

Hope I’m wrong like, but got a bad feeling here. I’m panicking for sure.

Thinking logically, I’d say it’s impossible for central gov to rubber stamp a council planning decision, while at the same time saying that council is so inept and corrupt that they need to step in and take it over.
Which is why they're looking at it in more detail. Saying the council is inept isn't the same as saying EVERY decision they make is wrong

True, but how would they know which decisions are right or wrong or corrupt, without looking at each decision much more closely? Sounds like a call in at the least.

They'll be allegations regarding certain projects things like this dont happen on just a whisper or a hunch.

Nothing to suggest BMD is any way involved in corruption so cant see it getting called in.

Football Clubs are also more squeeky clean than shifty property investors giving back handers to get a hotel project off the ground etc

That's literally what they're doing at the moment

Not sure what you mean? Are you talking about the 21 day rubber stamping ‘closer look’?

I think if they’re now calling the entire council planning process into question due to possible corruption, then a formal call in for a 3-6 month ‘in-depth closer look’ at it, seems much more likely now.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back