New Everton Stadium

Absolutely over the moon with this. It's the dream move I didn't think was possible, but Moshiri et al have pulled it off.

I'd have been wounded if the reds had managed to get this for themselves. Now, they never will. This is a big victory for Everton in the city, however you slice it.

The era of failed stadium moves and lack of ambition is well and truly over.

The chap DaveK calls a carpetbagger who is only in it to make a big profit.

I struggle with your idea of a carpet bagger, cos your definition would apply to the owners of any club.

Just yesterday you proclaimed it will be called in followed by a public inquiry. "Lets see if I am wrong then"

Well, you were. 100%.

Dont know why you just cant accept that you were wrong.
Predicting it would get called in is not the same as saying "100% it will get called in" is it?

He's picked up a club cheaply and he'll sell one for a fortune. "Carpet-bagging refers to outsiders moving in to an area to take advantage of a situation which they believe will yield them gain of some nature."

He;s not a benefactor, he;s a business man.

I already tipped my hat to him today for seeing this through to PP. I can respect that. It takes patience and strategic thinking. But he's an outsider and he will remain so.

Wrong, I'll show you why.

That doesn't make him a carpet bagger. That makes him a businessman.

Saying it was likely about 100 tines sounds pretty convincing.

It really wasn't. It was the scale of the project that meant it landed on his desk as a matter of normal process.

Nothing on your irrelevant reference to his nationality then?

Tit.
You've made a divvy out of yourself. Again.

Predicting it would get called in is not the same as saying "100% it will get called in" is it?

He's picked up a club cheaply and he'll sell one for a fortune. "Carpet-bagging refers to outsiders moving in to an area to take advantage of a situation which they believe will yield them gain of some nature."

I already tipped my hat to him today for seeing this through to PP. I can respect that. It takes patience and strategic thinking. But he's an outsider and he will remain so.
Who is an "insider" that would meet with your approval then
mate ?. You seem to hate most people who are connected to the club.

Surely most owners of Football clubs are 'Outsiders'?

Getting a prediction wrong, is being wrong.

Its not like its the first time you have been wrong in this saga neither. And yeah, he is a businessman, thank christ.

Who is an "insider" that would meet with your approval then
mate ?. You seem to hate most people who are connected to the club.
He;s not an Evertonian. Hes an investor.

Just celebrate this day and stop mithering yourself about the status I prefer to hand to Moshiri.

I dont need to give an apology. I've always supported this scheme and I challenge anyone to provide evidence to the contrary. My position was simply that I doubted Everton's ability to pull this BMD stadium off, and with good reason given how much they spectacularly screwed up four previous stadium projects.

Anyway, this is a time to celebrate, not for recriminations that have no basis in reality.

A great day for our club. And a seriously bad day for Liverpool FC.

Now we just have to see a spade in the ground....
And there it is ....the last line

Getting a prediction wrong, is being wrong.

Its not like its the first time you have been wrong in this saga neither. And yeah, he is a businessman, thank christ.
Who said I ddn't get it wrong? I stated earlier I never dreamt that he'd get this right. That's admitting I was wroing. However, that is something entirely different to saying we wont get the stadium built.

Celebrate the days news. I know I am. A big blue middle finger extending out of the waterfront at Kopites who will have to deal with it for all time. What a day.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back