New Everton Stadium

Humble Pie time @davek !!!
But like hes said to be fair ....
It's more a time to celebrate the future pathway than to terrorize a negative poster !
The reality of 3 more seasons at a stadium my Dad took me to in the early 70's for the first time is now hitting home tho. (Being allowed to run up there from the Mons on me own cus I didnt wanna miss my heroes warm up and z cars when they came out !)

Just hope I can take my Grandchildren to the new one maybe..... and leave similar memories with them!

5BDED299-5C56-41D7-81CE-913766E70EE1.webp

My prediction here is that the decision for this stadium will be delayed substantially and we;ll see a public inquiry.

Let's see how wrong I am about that.

You should have resisted, because you just wrote a pile of codswallop.

We ARE still owned by a carpet bagger (he'll be off with a massive profit at some stage)

I wasn't 100% convinced it would get called in, I said it;d be likely.

UNESCO are relevant. Their concerns got this landed on the Sec of State's desk.

Predicting it would get called in is not the same as saying "100% it will get called in" is it?

No THAT’s not the same... but what you actually said on at least one occasion was “the government called it in”... then said that calling that out as wrong was “nit picking”

Are you holding your hands up to that being false and/or a lie?

No THAT’s not the same... but what you actually said on at least one occasion was “the government called it in”... then said that calling that out as wrong was “nit picking”

Are you holding your hands up to that being false and/or a lie?
Mate, you're wasting your time. Dave probably trains the SAS to resist interrogation because he doesn't given an inch against immeasurable levels of pressure.

Anyone who goes into a club determined to spend cash and wont take a penny back is an owner worth having, and one who can truly call themselves 'fans'.

The rest are just investors. It's that simple for me.

Fans won't fair well against billionaires now. We should all just be grateful that whatever happens they will leave the club with a real legacy. To get a huge profit from us will require a lot of success and if that happens I won't begrudge them any profit they make.

As you said today is a day for celebration not to point fingers at the doubters or them lot. When you do that you take the eye off the prize and that is Everton being taken seriously and no longer a parochial club making up the numbers.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back