New Everton Stadium

There is no reason for it to be a taller stadium for having overhanging tiers. Sightline geometry would allow the lower tier to be a shallower rake and consequently a lower construction cost per seat while preserving c-values. Thus affording a proportional larger spend per seat for the upper tier(s).

The corporate areas at the Emirates, Spurs and Millenium stadium are all significantly larger than our proposed ones, with better viewing distances and angles, and roomier tread depths and supporting lounges too. If anything, over lapping tiers allow for larger upper concourses on the same overall footprint.

As far as costs are concerned Feyenoord are currently looking at 63k capacity for a 3 tier bowl, with closing roof for approx £400m.... including reclaimed riverfront land. So I don't think cost should be prohibitive if we are spending £5-600m.
Here is the view from a seat at the Millennium/Principality Stadium.

FatLes-20151026173439.webp

Here is the view from a seat at the Millennium/Principality Stadium.

View attachment 131649
I actually did some structural design work on this stadium, and have visited it many of times. I don't remember the view being that poor at the back of that lower tier and i have sat there (perhaps the photographer was standing and raised the camera to get a clearer pic). For balance you have to also show similar pics of the views from the middle and upper tier, which are spectacular.... and the point is, those high paying fans/corporates seated above have far superior and higher value seats than if they had been set back 10-15m further away from the pitch sharing the same tier and tread depths as general admission. Of course, for a smaller capacity we wouldn't need the same depth overlap (modern green-guide standards require a clearer vertical sightline anyway). Knock the front row off the upper tier in that view and/or one off the back of the lower and clear viewing is easily achieved. Especially achievable as we're not chasing 72k+ capacity.

remind me, why did I say we weren't getting PP?

Getting planning permission is still all to do. By no means a rubber stamping exercise. Outline shmoutline

I didn't say we are nowhere near making progress. I am sure a lot of work has been done. But whether that means we are on our way to securing an appropriate design and detailed planning consent, who knows? It's all up in the air and yet to be determined

Interesting how you haven’t commented on it since this from October 2017.

well I wasn't wrong was I ! that was three years ago and we've only just got it.

I’m just wondering what your current up to date thoughts are on it, that’s all. I mean it isn’t going to have that running track that you were so opposed to, but now it’s a “soulless bowl by the windy river next to a sewage works”? I’m sure I’ve heard that critique somewhere before, from certain factions of the public. But for the life of me I can’t think who.

I’m just wondering what your current up to date thoughts are on it, that’s all. I mean it isn’t going to have that running track, but now it’s a “soulless bowl by the windy river next to a sewage works”? I’m sure I’ve heard that critique somewhere before, from certain factions of the public. But for the life of me I can’t think who.
ah, you mean you suspect I'm a kopite who has come on here to sow dismay among right thinking Evertonians.
ok carry on Sherlock.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back