New Everton Stadium

The main road through the city centre Church St, Clayton Sq, Williamson Sq, Queen Sq areas etc…all a run-down, scruffy dump that just gets worse and worse. It feels dirty and

The main road through the city centre Church St, Clayton Sq, Williamson Sq, Queen Sq areas etc…all a run-down, scruffy dump that just gets worse and worse. It feels dirty and cheap.
I'd say around Liverpool 1 are the main shopping thoroughfares nowadays tbh and that wasn't cheap.... and we're only just coming out of a pandemic. Church street and others might be a bit tired since the shift of the centre but there's work going on to rebalance that and there's plenty similar or worse in most other city centres. ..... and none of them have got our architecture..... plus we have plenty of new developments coming on line too.

I believe we have more listed buildings
than any other city outside of London.... and friends I bring from all over the world are always impressed by the city, its architecture and its nightlife.....

What a load of nonsense about changing the design for increased capacity now the City will probably lose UNESCO status.

it's not a case of just slapping on a few extra courses of blockwork all around. It's a substantial redesign that would need to go before planning again, resulting in further delays. It's not happening.

Of course, it should probably have been designed bigger from the off. To hell with UNESCO, English Heritage and the Victorian society.

It should probably have had a closing roof to make it more suitable for events/concerts.

It's still a beautiful looking stadium that will be the envy of many. Get it built.

It's outrageous that the club have to suffer and we have to start with 52k because of the Unesco luvvies.

It should have been at least 62k from the get go, but no we had to keep these prats happy only for them to throw their toys out of the pram anyway. Bang out of order and Evertonians won't forget.

Just hope it'll be reasonably easy to build the extra 10k seats when its built without these idiots hold us back.

So if the stadium cost is £500 million - sounds daft but is that basically the total cost of the build etc over the course from start of work to completion?

If so you imagine if USM is doing a naming rights between £200-300 million as reported/speculated that it would be paid as one large lump sum to EFC rather than say £20-30 million per season over say 10 years?

If so goodbye FFP problems + likely sale of Kean :pint2:

@catcherintherye

So if the stadium cost is £500 million - sounds daft but is that basically the total cost of the build etc over the course from start of work to completion?

If so you imagine if USM is doing a naming rights between £200-300 million as reported/speculated that it would be paid as one large lump sum to EFC rather than say £20-30 million per season over say 10 years?

If so goodbye FFP problems + likely sale of Kean :pint2:

@catcherintherye

Can you explain your logic a bit mate, I'm a bit lost.

Can you explain your logic a bit mate, I'm a bit lost.

The expected cost of BMD is £500 million - assuming Mosh is putting £100 million in, USM are doing a naming rights (seen £200 million over 10 years muted last year) and the remaining balance via a loan - would that Naming Rights deal hypothetically need to be paid in a lump sum?

The reason I ask is if its counted towards revenue into the club then it should affect our FFP situation even if "technically" that money is earmarked by the club towards the stadium build.

I was just wondering how the naming rights would actually be paid do you reckon? ie. a lump sum in one go to smash the accounts or yearly instalments?

The expected cost of BMD is £500 million - assuming Mosh is putting £100 million in, USM are doing a naming rights (seen £200 million over 10 years muted last year) and the remaining balance via a loan - would that Naming Rights deal hypothetically need to be paid in a lump sum?

The reason I ask is if its counted towards revenue into the club then it would affect FFP even if "technically" that money is earmarked towards the stadium build.

I was just wondering how the naming rights would actually be paid - ie lump sum or yearly instalments when its "intended" towards the stadium build?

Ah got you.

Yes you are right I think. Building a stadium is actually quite a clever way to get around FFP as you can write off a lot losses as stadium related with no penalties. You also get to invest as much money you like into the stadium without being penalised. You also get sponsorship deals.

And yes, they could do all sorts of deals on sponsorship being paid up front and showing on the balance sheet, which will probably happen and would singularly resolve FFP not just historically, but for 3 years moving forward.

If I was a cynic, I would say they have almost got a stadium as a perfect way to navigate around FFP.

Ah got you.

Yes you are right I think. Building a stadium is actually quite a clever way to get around FFP as you can write off a lot losses as stadium related with no penalties. You also get to invest as much money you like into the stadium without being penalised. You also get sponsorship deals.

And yes, they could do all sorts of deals on sponsorship being paid up front and showing on the balance sheet, which will probably happen and would singularly resolve FFP not just historically, but for 3 years moving forward.

If I was a cynic, I would say they have almost got a stadium as a perfect way to navigate around FFP.

Something I've speculated for a while mate - that £200 million Naming Rights could **go** towards the stadium costs but technically it would allow Moshiri to put £200 or whatever million of **his** money towards transfers as FFP would be essentially solved by the naming rights money.

Probably why Usmanov remains in the shadows the more you think about it...

Ah got you.

It isn't that simple though sponsorship from associated parties has to pass the fair value test. Traditionally shirt sponsorship is worth 2 to 3 times the value of Stadium naming rights.

We currently get around £10m per season from Cazoo. So £20m per season for naming rights is going to raise eyebrows.

Even if it didn't then £20m is a drop in the ocean compared to our losses. We are losing around a £100m a year.

Something I've speculated for a while mate - that £200 million Naming Rights could **go** towards the stadium costs but technically it would allow Moshiri to put £200 or whatever million of **his** money towards transfers as FFP would be essentially solved by the naming rights money.

The elephant in the room is if the £200m goes on transfers instead of funding the Stadium how does the Stadium get paid for.

Bloody ell if you're right good bit of homework

The elephant in the room is if the £200m goes on transfers instead of funding the Stadium how does the Stadium get paid for.
Moshiri couldn't pump £200 million in transfers of his money tomorrow due to our FFP situation... however if Usmanov pumps £200 million into the club tomorrow from his money in the form of a naming rights deal towards BMD then Moshiri can then pump his own money into transfers as our FFP situation is pretty much sorted due to that naming rights still being counted as revenue into the club regardless of what Everton intend to use it towards.

Meanwhile the stadium is also paid for - two birds with one stone.

Soon as Usmanov paid the club £30 million to be front of a none existent que for naming rights you knew this was the sort of scheme they had alongside their FF naming rights deal etc.

its why Usmanov will never be officially on Evertons board

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back