New Everton Stadium

That's what bothers me. We're a mid table club, and we're building a mid sized stadium. Where is the ambition?

On side note, the club said that the stadium capacity can be increased in the future. But no where in any of the rendings is it made clear were the room for that expansion is being made. As an example, look at Stadium MK*. It's been built with future expansion in mind, and the architecture for that is very visible

*I could be thinking of a different stadium. I'm at work, so I can't search it just now

Ours is being built with future expansion in mind though?

We are not “one of the big clubs in the league”, I’m sorry, it isn’t the 80s anymore. Nobody in the world outside of our fanbase views us as a big club. When we justify a capacity similar to clubs that are winning league titles left right and centre then we can look at expanding for it.
We are a mid table club with ambitions of qualifying for Europe and the stadium is an appropriate size for that. Having a stadium that could hold 65,000 fans will not magically turn us into a top club.

No. Read the post by The Legend of Southall.

Regardless of whether anyone else (doesn't) see us a big club, it's how we see ourselves. How we see ourselves in the future. We need to muscle in on those other sides. You're absolutely right, we are a mid-table club. We need to have the balls to put us back to the top. To being one of the "big clubs" again. Still are in my eyes.

I've never ever said having a stadium 65,000 would turn us in to a top club. It's about perception, and ambition.

Those ace lad's on Toffee TV, reckon 'signage' is going up soon.

Photo's please.

1625237678015.webp

There are no plans to expand in the future.

It's all supposition. Meis said they can expand. Then said once built it won't expand. The club suggested the capacity can go up in the futre like MikeH72 remarks. But doesn't say how.

There's nothing anywhere to say the stadium will be expanded, which is why changing the same design from 60,000 footprint to 52,000 is so annoying.

There's safe standing but there is no legal safe standing at the moment and the guide is 1:1 so there is zero increase with safe standing, as things stand.

It was a vague "nice to have" and based on safe standing regs changing to allow more than 1:1 swap. So, it can be done, but isnt really in our hands.
That was indeed how I'd read it.

To be honest, if the club had come out and said something like 'they believe current attendances are due to fall, and by the time they recover, safe standing will be allowed. So that's their way of future proofing it.' Then that would be fair enough.

But as per usual, we've had nothing, so everyone had been left to fill in the gaps themselves

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back