New Everton Stadium

Because of the NS orientation of the stadium on the site the footprint is very tight. You can probably squeeze a thousand extra seats into the current design with some compromises but the future increased capacity relies on safe standing at a better than 1:1 ratio. This is speculative at best.

Any future footprint expansion would probably rely on either the East Stand growing out of proportion with the rest or acquiring a sliver of land in Wellington Dock to the North from United Utilities to enable the North stand to be upgraded in line with the South stand. Basically, both are difficult, expensive and unlikely.

The final option is to go up & literally raise the roof to add a few extra rows all around. This is arguably best done before the roof is in place as a variation to current planning (Spurs used an in-build variation to increase capacity but it did elongate timetable and increase costs). Again, this is only viable if the foundations and supporting structures have been planned to enable this. It is expensive and it adds low yield seats as high away from the pitch so may not make £ sense.

In short, BMD is not readily expandable.

I suspect the club are relying on the introduction of safe standing to allow a higher than 1:1 ratio in the medium term provided that there is extra capacity inbuilt for entrance and exit of fans (which hopefully we have). I think it will come to pass and we will ultimately have a capacity of around 60,000. Might be 10 years after we move in, mind.

I suspect the club are relying on the introduction of safe standing to allow a higher than 1:1 ratio in the medium term provided that there is extra capacity inbuilt for entrance and exit of fans (which hopefully we have). I think it will come to pass and we will ultimately have a capacity of around 60,000. Might be 10 years after we move in, mind.

You suspect correctly Doc.

In the interest of making money for the club the fan plaza will be massive there can't be anything else like it in English football, were as other clubs lose an awful lot of money during the walk up to boozers, cafes, street vendors etc. Every penny spent within Bramley's imposing walls will be Evertons.
This is where there will be a huge increase in spend. I currently spend NO money whatsoever inside GP. Give me good facilities and a decent pint and I'll spend £30 a game.

Really don't see a need to be hung up on the capacity anymore. It's 52,888. It is what it is. Accept it, move on, enjoy the build process.
A wonderful and iconic location ✔
Larger capacity that Goodison Park ✔
Drastically improved corporate and premium facilities ✔
Drastically improved facilities in the wider sense ✔
Opportunities for concerts ✔
Bogs that aren't filled with haze and stick of piss ✔
The mute and soulless Park End will (hopefully) be abolished ✔

I genuinely don't know why people needs to be so negative. In fact, the last point alone makes it all worth while.

In the interest of making money for the club the fan plaza will be massive there can't be anything else like it in English football, were as other clubs lose an awful lot of money during the walk up to boozers, cafes, street vendors etc. Every penny spent within Bramley's imposing walls will be Evertons.

We already have a prototype fan park at the Park End of course. It's not for me personally but I really do think there should be at least one or two actual pubs built and a cafe. Even if they're only used on matchdays, the club can run them / outsource them. It really fires up the imagination to have a bar within shouting distance to the front plaza or the stepped plaza at the back. There is so much potentional!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back