New Everton Stadium

Not really, because in many ways there is a super league already that we've never been in.

If the naming rights account for the majority of the annual payment, we will still get a cash boost from our larger capacity + more hospitality stadium. If our income decreases we will pay the players less. Personally I think more Evertonians would be happy to see us fighting at the top of our league than for 5th to 8th with the ESL teams in this league.
I'd accept that but it's the uncertainty that makes lenders nervous.

There is already a case at the European Court of Justice and the problem is that this has the potential to run and run.

I'm still confident that things will progress on schedule but I would be more reassured if the funding was confirmed.

Despite what Real Madrid-friendly news feeds try to convince people of. the ESL is a dead duck.

They are grasping at straws because they are desperate. They are in massive financial trouble and are outside the massively lucrative premier league.

There might be a re-imagined champions league, but that will be based on competition, which should maintain the integrity of the premier league.

Not really, because in many ways there is a super league already that we've never been in.

If the naming rights account for the majority of the annual payment, we will still get a cash boost from our larger capacity + more hospitality stadium. If our income decreases we will pay the players less. Personally I think more Evertonians would be happy to see us fighting at the top of our league than for 5th to 8th with the ESL teams in this league.

Yes I agree super league has already been in force for years, now they are tweaking "fair play" again to probably tighten the noose around the rest of the league. Never has that been more pronounced than this transfer window, mainly the only teams doing the serious spending are the big six, with the notable exception of only Leicester really, I know Villa have spent, but we all know why that is. Sickening really to see the likes of sky sports crawling to them, knowing full well these teams basically tried to kill the premier league a few short months ago. Some of these scumbag teams were amongst the first to furlough their staff during the pandemic, another thing that's been conveniently forgotten. I get the feeling Bramley moor could well be our last chance saloon.

My ITK’s saying there’s no concerns they’re aware of and he’s on site the end of September.

Only headaches still the getting people away after the game through one major entrance onto regent road. Especially night games and both sets of fans are coming out together.

They’re estimating costs at £750m now which can still rise by the time it’s finished but as far as they’re concerned, everything’s all’s systems go.
Staggered departure time for away fans? Already widely used across football, no?

Staggered departure time for away fans? Already widely used across football, no?

That will happen but you still have 50k trying to leave through a few albeit large holes in the dock wall. Once the LW waters central docks and Nelson have been developed then it will give 2 southern exits to help manage the flow.

I don't see it being a killer, you will get some leaving before the final whistle (especially if it's a pain to exit with everyone), most of the east stand will be out before the west exit and walk around so you naturally get a managed flow anyhow.

That will happen but you still have 50k trying to leave through a few albeit large holes in the dock wall. Once the LW waters central docks and Nelson have been developed then it will give 2 southern exits to help manage the flow.

I don't see it being a killer, you will get some leaving before the final whistle (especially if it's a pain to exit with everyone), most of the east stand will be out before the west exit and walk around so you naturally get a managed flow anyhow.

Would the bars inside the ground still be open after the match ? That would be one way to " stagger" the home fans out of the ground later.

Would the bars inside the ground still be open after the match ? That would be one way to " stagger" the home fans out of the ground later.

Exactly. Unlike Goodison you can picture yourself having a celebratory/drown sorrows drink whilst looking at the city centre or mersey at the end of the game. Once you have all those options employed at the stadium (early leavers/people who stay/the fact that some are much closer to the exits than others), along with the fact that there is such a large open space that you diffuse into means it shouldn't be a massive duck waddling crush to get out.

Exactly. Unlike Goodison you can picture yourself having a celebratory/drown sorrows drink whilst looking at the city centre or mersey at the end of the game. Once you have all those options employed at the stadium (early leavers/people who stay/the fact that some are much closer to the exits than others), along with the fact that there is such a large open space that you diffuse into means it shouldn't be a massive duck waddling crush to get out.

As ever, the crush or slowing only occurs at the actual pinch points, not in the open space, however big they are (a bit like closing lanes on a motorway, congestion soon ensues if flows aren't maintained). In this case a few relatively narrow openings in the dock wall. Their size will dictate how quickly the site can empty. First impressions suggest that that will be akin to emptying a full Goodison plus another 14,000 fans via say Gwladys street and City road only. With the added complication of having to channel 3-8k away fans through the same routes.

Keeping a proportion of fans behind longer is desirable for several reasons such as: further income streams and to relieving pressure on public transport and road networks etc. I can remember suggesting it to the stadium manager years ago.... he said they had trialled it at some point but the response wasn't great and that even the lounges emptied quite quickly after night games. So the onus is on designing for safe and effective eggress for the worst case scenario of (for instance) a night cup game.

Some grounds are notorious for people leaving early..... this is often because of the issue of poor egress/public transport. So it is another major issue to consider.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back