New Everton Stadium

Reminds me in reverse, of the "Bedroom Tax". People claiming housing having to lose a portion if they have spare bedrooms. Completely made up tax which also as it happens, only penalises the poor. Forcing people to move home regardless of what ever reason they were there in that situation or how long they've lived there. Wasn't there a window tax once? Bloody Tories. Anyway just an observation. Rant over!
Was it performance based?

There is a great sense of excitement with every update within this thread. You can only imagine what’s it’s going to be like when
A) prep work is complete and the build starts in earnest
And
B) When it’s finally finished.
We were forever associated with being at the forefront of stadia design within our history. Once again we will be the envy of other teams with the best stadium and location in the country. We just need a team to match.

There is a great sense of excitement with every update within this thread. You can only imagine what’s it’s going to be like when
A) prep work is complete and the build starts in earnest
And
B) When it’s finally finished.
We were forever associated with being at the forefront of stadia design within our history. Once again we will be the envy of other teams with the best stadium and location in the country. We just need a team to match.

You bet.

Reminds me in reverse, of the "Bedroom Tax". People claiming housing having to lose a portion if they have spare bedrooms. Completely made up tax which also as it happens, only penalises the poor. Forcing people to move home regardless of what ever reason they were there in that situation or how long they've lived there. Wasn't there a window tax once? Bloody Tories. Anyway just an observation. Rant over!
Window Tax was first brought in by king billy in 1696, it was repealled in the 1850s

Window Tax was first brought in by king billy in 1696, it was repealled in the 1850s
You will see the effects in bricked up window apertures on many Georgian buildings. I suppose they were built that way in the hope that if/when the tax was repealed, they could be opened.

By 1850, most interiors had developed in a way that made opening these redundant.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back