New Everton Stadium

He has not, he's over a billion better off now than he was when he took over.

I think he's listed at £1.8 billion..... but not sure if that includes his stake in our club.... so the half a billion spend is not insignificant. However, as i said I don't really see the relevance of his intelligence or wealth given our current financial state and position, that has occured despite his input.

I think he's listed at £1.8 billion..... but not sure if that includes his stake in our club.... so the half a billion spend is not insignificant. However, as i said I don't really see the relevance of his intelligence or wealth given our current financial state and position, that has occured despite his input.
Wasn't he l worth £1.1bn or £1.2bn when he first took over us?

The fact he's increased his worth whilst bankrolling us seems to confirm that we really shouldn't be too worried about our finances. At least while he's still happy to do so

Wasn't he l worth £1.1bn or £1.2bn when he first took over us?

The fact he's increased his worth whilst bankrolling us seems to confirm that we really shouldn't be too worried about our finances. At least while he's still happy to do so

And there's me, delighted with my agreed £500 overdraft limit at First Direct.

Different world hey?

He (as in Usmanov) is not paying for the stadium, I'm pretty sure he won't be the person who fronts up the money anyhow. However if Moshiri is putting in the first 100-150m and we get 30m per annum naming rights over 10 years then that's up to 450m and whether you class that as them paying for the stadium (a fair chunk of it anyhow) or if they use that money to put into the team effectively is the same in my book.

Sure, that'd be the ideal scenario. Has it been confirmed if Moshiri is giving the club that money or if he's just lending it (maybe with zero interest) to get things moving? And you're taking a high guess for the naming rights figure and assuming there'll be no cost inflation for the stadium build. Both possible with Usmanov and the design & build contract, but if you end up with £15m p/a and a stadium build of £750m+ it looks a bit different.

Also I don't know how much (if anything) anyone should read into the amount you got for naming rights first refusal. It was, above all else, a FFP dodge. If you were £10m out, it would've been £10m. It shows Usmanov has money to throw around as a one-off, but I don't know whether that would translate into a deal for two decades.

Anyway, all a bit speculative atm. Naming rights will pay off a chunk, but how big a chunk who knows.

Sure, that'd be the ideal scenario. Has it been confirmed if Moshiri is giving the club that money or if he's just lending it (maybe with zero interest) to get things moving? And you're taking a high guess for the naming rights figure and assuming there'll be no cost inflation for the stadium build. Both possible with Usmanov and the design & build contract, but if you end up with £15m p/a and a stadium build of £750m+ it looks a bit different.

Also I don't know how much (if anything) anyone should read into the amount you got for naming rights first refusal. It was, above all else, a FFP dodge. If you were £10m out, it would've been £10m. It shows Usmanov has money to throw around as a one-off, but I don't know whether that would translate into a deal for two decades.

Anyway, all a bit speculative atm. Naming rights will pay off a chunk, but how big a chunk who knows.

By all accounts, Moshiri is personally funding the first phase. As for the First Rights "Queue" lol , again, by all accounts, the club ran it by the powers that be to get an Ok from them prior to the sign off.

I wasn't really assuming anything re the final cost of the stadium, just 350 million of 500/600/700m is still a fair old chunk of it. Like I said those funds might go to the stadium, it might not but it's income generated by the new stadium paid for by the owners.

In that respect the price of the naming rights will imho be at least the cost of our yearly repayment else it would be pretty pointless moving to a new stadium to be able to be able to increase our finances to help the footballing side, when it doesn't. So a minimum of 20-25m is required. You guys were able to nearly double the size of the stadium all with London prices to make it worth your while. The one part I agree with the esk is with only a 13k increase here, paying low to mid level rates, that alone wouldn't make sense. Only when you see this as another dodge does it start to compute. Of course the stadium will increase the value of the club but if it's returning roughly what we get from Goodison now then it's just a folly.

I also don't think it will be a 15/20 year deal. It will probably be 10 as they will look to get success and then get A.N. Others money in for it as soon as. Probably wishful thinking from the club but that is what I believe the plan will be.

Has the fire been put out?

That injection was THE most blatant FFP dodge, you almost have to stand back and applaud it. £30m for first refusal on naming rights (wtf?), and just the amount needed to balance the accounts. Amazing. lol ???

Reminds me in reverse, of the "Bedroom Tax". People claiming housing having to lose a portion if they have spare bedrooms. Completely made up tax which also as it happens, only penalises the poor. Forcing people to move home regardless of what ever reason they were there in that situation or how long they've lived there. Wasn't there a window tax once? Bloody Tories. Anyway just an observation. Rant over!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back