New Everton Stadium

Last time though, I don't think we had any sponsor money available, this time we are supposed to be getting, £250m / £300m in sponsorship off our dear old friend Usmanov. That in itself is a helluva difference i would have thought Tom.

Yes, but that is speculation. We still haven't released any detail regarding the finances and have stated repeatedly that this is yet to be finalised..... and that level of stadium sponsorship would be in excess of practically anything elsewhere. Which begs the question: if such a sponsorship deal is in place, why haven't we secured the borrowing required?

Yes, but that is speculation. We still haven't released any detail regarding the finances and have stated repeatedly that this is yet to be finalised..... and that level of stadium sponsorship would be in excess of practically anything elsewhere. Which begs the question: if such a sponsorship deal is in place, why haven't we secured the borrowing required?
My fear is we haven't. I don't even think we can afford it right now and I'm worried it's going to cripple us in the mid-term. Our finances are already up the wall.

Once proper development as happened we should get interest from serious investors and or a rich buyer.

Think this aspect shouldn’t be under estimated, the way Man City are going and the development they have done with the ground and training complex puts Old Trafford to shame. I think Utd will be also rans in terms of global reputation in the not too distant at this rate.
Man Utd will never be also rans..... their fanbase dwarfs City's many times over.

As regards the value of the waterfront aesthetic..... it might provide some appeal if Liverpool waters is completed to a very high standard right up to BMD's doorstep.... but at present its physical connection to the Liver building's is no stronger than Brunswick dock's is. The King's Dock was a completely different proposition altogether in that regard.

Man Utd will never be also rans..... their fanbase dwarfs City's many times over.
I remain optimistic…… 15 years ago Arsenal were unquestionably the biggest team in London and probably 2nd biggest in the UK, I’d put my money on Chelsea having a bigger global fan base or at the very least an emerging one that is set to eclipse Arsenals.
Utd were in Div 2 in my lifetime, the Fegie years / early Prem have massively influenced their current standing. I don’t see why the same couldn’t apply to City if they dominate the league and are regulars in the last rounds of Champs League and continue to assemble superstars as they have.
Besides if there’s nope hope for football working cycles, I fear for us!

Last time though, I don't think we had any sponsor money available, this time we are supposed to be getting, £250m / £300m in sponsorship off our dear old friend Usmanov. That in itself is a helluva difference i would have thought Tom.
I very much doubt that mate.
Despite Usmanov and Moshiri being business associates and friends, I honestly cannot see him financing the stadium for his mate. He might 'help out' with further sponsorship/advertising deals but to throw that kind of money into something he (for now at least) doesn't have a stake in... highly debatable.

I very much doubt that mate.
Despite Usmanov and Moshiri being business associates and friends, I honestly cannot see him financing the stadium for his mate. He might 'help out' with further sponsorship/advertising deals but to throw that kind of money into something he (for now at least) doesn't have a stake in... highly debatable.
Tbf uncle Uzzy has bunged £30m to be first in a non existent naming rights queue. Committing £25 - £30m per season for 10 year naming rights deal doesn’t seem so far fetched. Appreciate that doesn’t guarantee anything mind.

My fear is we haven't. I don't even think we can afford it right now and I'm worried it's going to cripple us in the mid-term. Our finances are already up the wall.

Once proper development as happened we should get interest from serious investors and or a rich buyer.
The fact our signings are 1m or free, not much wiggle room in that department.

It’s not amazing - it’s not terrible though. However, on match day it would be soon overrun. Hopefully the ground will have lots of options.

You would think the stadium would kick-start a few hospitality spots popping up around the area.

The club could do worse than investing in maybe a fan quarter with units rented out to bars/restaurant chains.

Do you really think that an intelligent multi billionaire would start a half billion pound project without gaurentees of the future funding.. Usmonov is funding it absolutely no doubt about it.

You can always tell when it's a non-match weekend when too much time is available for over thinking topics like this.
Just accept its going to be built. Blind faith from me perhaps, but for those saying it's not going to materialise think about the circumstances whereby the project will be halted. If that scenario does happen then something catastrophic regarding the club in its entirety would have happened.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back