New Everton Stadium

This gives me an idea....

There ought to be loads of parts of the stadium up for grabs once we've played our final game there. I'd love to get my hands on a section of steel that contributes to the many obstructed views in Goodison Park. I'd stick it in front of my telly as to replicate the matchday experience.

I'd like to see all season ticket holders offered their seat to keep as a memento, too.

Lots of implications if he pays for it himself. I've mentioned one before. Maybe he'll sell the club but keep hold of the stadium and rent it back to us?
That would devalue the sale price of the club because without the stadium what are you buying?
It would need to be a very long term lease which would then be a wasted exercise.

That would devalue the sale price of the club because without the stadium what are you buying?
It would need to be a very long term lease which would then be a wasted exercise.

I was just thinking out loud there. Might mean he sells the club for what he bought it for so he's not lost out. He then owns a stadium which he rents to Everton FC for 100 years and has a cash cow for the next century. He'd be quids in. A new owner owns the club, the heritage, the team but not the ground.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back