New Everton Stadium

Decent drone update from the club. Floors getting laid in the North stand!

I know someone else has said it before, but you look at these videos and think : how on earth is our stadium supposedly wrecking this beautiful, unesco-moistening waterfront?

It's not exactly like we've impinged on excavations of the acropolis is it? It looks like they've built the surrounding area entirely out of cash and carries.

I know someone else has said it before, but you look at these videos and think : how on earth is our stadium supposedly wrecking this beautiful, unesco-moistening waterfront?

It's not exactly like we've impinged on excavations of the acropolis is it? It looks like they've built the surrounding area entirely out of cash and carries.
Bent over backwards for these clowns and downsizing the stadium and build.

Yes, that's exactly the wall.

Just poking a bit of fun at our resident Bramley Moore Stadium grump who claims it is going to be hidden away and the whole wall needs demolishing.

Such a shame, I like the wall!
It’s also, I believe a “ ‘kin hazard” or some such that will have to come down because no one designing the stadium has thought about 50,000+ people needing to leave after the football has finished.

Quote him in here my friend, and we'll go after the bozo.
@davek probably game for a debate at this hour.

Unfortunately, it's 1am here so I'll leave you to it.

Have fun!

Ps... @Noggsy blue maybe give him your drone if you ever go for an upgrade, ya know.... So he can see over the wall.

Tbh, I'm not a great fan of that sandstone dock wall. That could do with coming down. It isn't a very flattering angle for the stadium rising up beyond it. The new stadium shouldn't be hiding its light under a bushel, with visitors only getting a view of it once through the gateway. Yes, leave some part of it in place to emphasize continuity with the rest of the dock wall - underlining what the site once was - but not all of it.

But surely part of the docks built on already was listed and has been lost forever? The dock has to be made good again if the club leaves the location IIRC?

The club can surely conserve them and put them back at a much later time?

It seems daft to build a stadium then have it unseen behind a wall.

I cant believe we've fallen for that.

Absolutely ridiculous. Paying £500M down there and stimulating about a billion quid of regeneration and we have to hide the stadium away.

I know that the stand is much taller than the pump house. But the pump house is foregrounded there.

My original point was that the dock wall prevents the stadium from being seen and appreciated.

I'm convinced that wall will come down, if not before the opening then soon after. You cant have access / egress to a stadium of that capacity via 5 gates.

"Tear down that wall Mr Gorbachev".

The dock wall is a nuisance.

We dont want the club to spend over half a billion on a new stadium which stimulates billions of quids worth of regeneration for the city and have it hidden away from a wall built by prisoners.

Knock that 'kin thing down completely.

Imagine Liverpool FC having to put up with diktat from conservationists if they'd built a stadium at the docks....no, I cant ether.

@davek do you have some form of subdued memory and BMD's majestic wall? Talk to me my friend; we're here to help.
I just believe that the stadium is something we want showing off and not half hidden behind a wall built by French prisoners of war.

I'm sure they wouldn't give a flying one if it were torn down. That's what we have to remember about that wall, btw: it was built up by human misery. That's no loss to anyone.

...and please dont anyone compare the pyramids to some sandstone wall on Regent Road.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back