New Everton Stadium

IF anyone has the pics with the time lines that would be great please.

30E9F730-347A-4E7A-8950-3E8AC808848A.webp

Anybody not wanting to bother reading the last 5 pages, let me summarise

It's not bricks per se is it? It's the criss cross idiot pattern.

Build a 21st century state of the art stadium, then put a reference in it to a bit of Victorian engineering.

Makes absolutely no sense. We are meant to be facing the future not looking back to the past.

No wonder we cant move on and become a great club again.

Meis is a clueless dilettante of Everton culture. He should NEVER have been given the call on stuff like this.

Build a 21st century state of the art stadium, then put a reference in it to a bit of Victorian engineering.

Makes absolutely no sense. We are meant to be facing the future not looking back to the past.

No wonder we cant move on and become a great club again.

Meis is a clueless dilettante of Everton culture. He should NEVER have been given the call on stuff like this.
You're literally the only person angry about this.

Accept that none of us care, and move on.

No wonder we cant move on and becone a great club again. Meis is a clueless dilettante of Everton culture. He should NEVER have been given the call on stuff like this.
Dixie Dean ceased to exist for me when he went to Notts County in 1938 :coffee:
Ball, Kendal, Harvey who?

You're literally the only person angry about this.

Accept that none of us care, and move on.
That's not true. There's a lot of debate above on the brickwork and how it's being made off site. The criss cross pattern on the brick work has been discussed before:

Leitch shouldn't be anywhere near this new ground imo. Sadly I think it will be our fans harp on too much for the past.

I agree, something to make it stand out should be incorporated so you know it's BMD as soon as you see it, something like the semi-circles behind the goals used to do. That said, the only reason you associate the criss-cross with GP is that it is along with the stand at Rangers, it is just about the only one left which was designed by Leitch. Sunderland, Twickenham and Bradford Park Avenue had similar stands to the Bullens Road, for example. That design was his trade mark and hardly unique to GP.

Still can't believe they agreed to pay the graphic designer who came up with this crap, and not only that, they actually decided to use it.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back