New Everton Stadium

Please move on, Dave.

Your constant fault-finding with this stadium in the past few months has made this thread miserable. It used to be the highlight of the forum.
It's not fault finding. It's a legitimate discussion about the design. Just as a discussion about the site perimeter is.

There are more things about this that are good than bad. The location is stunning for us; that's my take also. The interior of the stadium I like too.

But we cant just accept everything like we're North Koreans.

It's not bricks per se is it? It's the criss cross idiot pattern.

Build a 21st century state of the art stadium, then put a reference in it to a bit of Victorian engineering.

Makes absolutely no sense. We are meant to be facing the future not looking back to the past.

No wonder we cant move on and become a great club again.

Meis is a clueless dilettante of Everton culture. He should NEVER have been given the call on stuff like this.
Lad have a day off

Please move on, Dave.

Your constant fault-finding with this stadium in the past few months has made this thread miserable. It used to be the highlight of the forum.
Honestly, had to stick him on ignore for the last few months coz he nothing nice to say about anything. Would hate to live my life like that.

It's not fault finding. It's a legitimate discussion about the design. Just as a discussion about the site perimeter is.

There are more things about this that are good than bad. The location is stunning for us; that's my take also. The interior of the stadium I like too.

Turbines, holes in wall, brick patterns.

Instead of posting for pages about how bad everything is, why not show some enthusiasm and give us a hundred posts about what you do like?

Dave, it’s done and dusted. There is nothing you can do about it.

I think you are in a minority of one here. The rest of us want to enjoy the stadium build. It’s the best thing about Everton at present.

This is all madness. When Aston Martin bring out a new car, there’s a wee nod to the DB5 in each one. Just a touch. I mean, what’s the issue?

Looks to me like a really subtle nod to that design that could easily be missed if you're not looking too closely. It's hardly a mock tudor stadium.

Besides, the bloody great roof trusses on the inside aren't a million miles away from that design, and I don't think that's meant to be a deliberate nod. So the patterns on the outside would work with the design even if they had nothing to do with Leitch.

p07hv3hs.jpg

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back