New Everton Stadium

On the artist impressions there’s water at the bottom of the West stand steps in like a mini quay.

But in the latest drone video there’s no water there it’s just been filled in.

Are they going to dig it out and refill it? Or had that part of the ground design gone too?
That waterway has been filled it to ease the construction logistics.

Digging that out again is virtually the last job on site.

On the artist impressions there’s water at the bottom of the West stand steps in like a mini quay.

But in the latest drone video there’s no water there it’s just been filled in.

Are they going to dig it out and refill it? Or had that part of the ground design gone too?

Yes , essentially. It was easier to fill it in and then dig it out again when the stadium is finished.

That waterway has been filled it to ease the construction logistics.

Digging that out again is virtually the last job on site.

Ah cool so they are keeping it?

One of the things I really like about this stadium is the dock area where the modern stadium meets the water. I genuinely think it’s going to be a wonderful place to gather and soak up the atmosphere on match day.

From the zoomed out shot of the west stand in mister drones video, you can see Anfields big stand. It looks so out of place and quite frankly a blight on the horizon.

You cant tell me this

View attachment 174043

Will have the same facilities at this

View attachment 174041

I'd be interested to know what was sacrificed due to the world heritage reduction apart from the n door car park?

You're using two out of date images of the stadium. The first doesn't have the stepped west plaza. The second has the oversized west stand building, which
seemed to strike me as a blag render I know it was official but it was a bit meh, a bit lobsided.

I didn't know what they where thinking of the World Heritage trying to reduce it. Was a bit dramatic at the time. It was huge disappointment in my eyes. The roof of the Stadium was Fantastic when first shown to everyone. It was spectacular and I was gutted when I seen the reduced pictures. Nothing going to stop though. Up The Blues and Up Bramley Moore our new home.Nil Satis Nisi Optimum.
This seems massively dramatic.

The change to the roof is almost impossible to see by the naked eye.

This seems massively dramatic.

The change to the roof is almost impossible to see by the naked eye.
The tilt and elevation of the original design was the standout feature for me, so I can well understand Peter's disappointment. I can see why they played it safe, but I think that too much was sacrificed to the heritage lobby. I was always convinced that the benefits of the project outweighed the heritage concerns. It will be a hugely impressive structure, but it could have been even better.

The tilt and elevation of the original design was the standout feature for me, so I can well understand Peter's disappointment. I can see why they played it safe, but I think that too much was sacrificed to the heritage lobby. I was always convinced that the benefits of the project outweighed the heritage concerns. It will be a hugely impressive structure, but it could have been even better.
Thank you Sir for this reply.It was amazing at first glance. I was there at the Titanic Hotel on the revalling. One of the Lucky one's picked out to see it. Onward Evertonians.

The Orioles baseball stadium adjoining the Ravens NFL stadium where we played last night has very similar ‘brick panels’ attached. Looks excellent and blends in well to the surrounding buildings. For reference.

Attachments

• FCFE68E2-2704-46EA-B01E-4EEF51759A50.webp
    FCFE68E2-2704-46EA-B01E-4EEF51759A50.webp
    1.4 MB · Views: 179
  • 7C4978B9-B3FB-4FB0-B67F-51161491A990.webp
    7C4978B9-B3FB-4FB0-B67F-51161491A990.webp
    1.8 MB · Views: 172
  • 18F9212D-ECBA-435F-9DCD-0F9D2CB408D4.webp
    18F9212D-ECBA-435F-9DCD-0F9D2CB408D4.webp
    2 MB · Views: 185

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back